• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

March 5 Storm?

Rowsdower

Actually this is fine with me. If its enough to cancel work down here and the roads are clear up in the Pokes I'll have a free day to myself. 1-3 inches at least will set a nice atmosphere.

Wavewheeler

Well, that was a bust. We got barely 2" here in on the Shore. That's 10" short of what we were supposed to get. Nothing at all up north. :( :thumbdown:

At least my work schedule wasn't impacted and I can go on my planned midweek ski trip to Hunter this week. It's cold so I hope they are cranking out the manmade since Mother Nature is being so unpredictable.

ScottySkis

Well, that was a bust. We got barely 2" here in on the Shore. That's 10" short of what we were supposed to get. Nothing at all up north. :( :thumbdown:

At least my work schedule wasn't impacted and I can go on my planned midweek ski trip to Hunter this week. It's cold so I hope they are cranking out the manmade since Mother Nature is being so unpredictable.

It is March they will not make sniw now no one does that accept Killington but K will stay open to June if they can. Hunter was great on Saturday all moguls trails on front side sere grmmoed dont remember it being that way in the past. It is spring now so less people on weekends means time to Buy Spring pass for 160 $ i hVe it paid for by mid March. MYbe i sed you their. Platyy was execellent on SundY by the say all trals opened at both hills wr are lucky to such fun winter places close to home.

i was wondering why i havent seenyou post since your virgin powder day at Platty?

xwhaler

Tim Kelley on NECN for this coming Friday-Sunday...please be true!

The high stakes part of the forecast is whether we can merge the Great Lakes Front with the Mardi Gras warm storm. We are a little gun shy now, but there is a chance for another powerful nor'easter at some point Friday-Sunday. The crystal ball is rather fuzzy. But most of the necessary ingredients are available, cold high in south east Canada, storm moving off North Carolina, and a new cold front over the Great Lakes. Something is going to happen, we just can't say when where or what.

Cornhead

Almost glad this storm was a dud. I wanted to take Friday off to ski Snow Ridge. I agreed to work as a bargaining chip to take time off this week. I was unable to take time off this week. I would've been resentful if this had dumped on NE.

hammer

Tim Kelley on NECN for this coming Friday-Sunday...please be true!

The high stakes part of the forecast is whether we can merge the Great Lakes Front with the Mardi Gras warm storm. We are a little gun shy now, but there is a chance for another powerful nor'easter at some point Friday-Sunday. The crystal ball is rather fuzzy. But most of the necessary ingredients are available, cold high in south east Canada, storm moving off North Carolina, and a new cold front over the Great Lakes. Something is going to happen, we just can't say when where or what.
Should we have a new thread and if so what date should we put on it?

BenedictGomez

If we want to achieve 13 pages of hype for the next non-storm better start a new thread pronto.

Even worse. The thread was started for a potential storm EIGHT days out, but then piggy-backed onto a different storm that actually happened.

<--- Wonders when someone will start a thread for the March 13th storm on the models that will make a run at New England

There is one thing going for the March 13th signal, the NAO looks like it will be going NEGATIVE.

Greenland Block FTW

This also coincides well with the Teleconnection indices, something previous threats have been SEVERELY lacking

post-904-0-97229300-1394046091.jpg