• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

March 5 Storm?

ZYDECORICH

NYC is at #6 for snowiest winters so far. Not sure where BG is (would think east of me and lower elevation) but we still have close to a foot otg here. Winters of 92-93, and 93-94 were the best I can remember here. 2010 was better south of here so it happens sometimes. Hopefully March can push us up on the list, however, I'm rooting for the mountains from here north to do better.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

I remember 94-95. I had just moved from Montclair NJ to West Milford NJ on Greenwood Lake. We had storms every Wednesday and Saturday all winter. I believe they said around 74 inches for Central Park that winter which makes it # 1, I'm sure we had more being north and west of the city.I thought I moved to Nome Alaska. Here the latest update from our friends at EPWA, they're pretty good. http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...ScVwEbVQlR5MaUO3Yj63vufo_2lW7hrmSV-GuCqje&s=1

ZYDECORICH

By the way the Euro and Canadian love this. This pisses me off since I got knee replacements this year and can't enjoy shat.I know I got bets out there that this would happen since I got them done. I just gotta remember who I bet. Sonsabitches!!!

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
By the way the Euro and Canadian love this. This pisses me off since I got knee replacements this year and can't enjoy shat.I know I got bets out there that this would happen since I got them done. I just gotta remember who I bet. Sonsabitches!!!

Wow, can you get your hips done next year...I'll kick in $5

BenedictGomez

Seems like a pretty reasonable guess given how the models look.

902831_654803481243784_1661059957_o.png

catsup948

Catskills, Berkshires and Southern Greens could do well according to the Euro. Beast or Magic for me if it verifies!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

gladerider

i still have a foot of snow outside. that map BG put out says 2 feet for me. hope the bullseye moves up north. i got no use for that snow here.

BenedictGomez

Up to date mappage from last night's 00z runs. Also, not going to post a temperature map, but the GFS is predicting record low temperatures next week in the Tuesday/Wednesday timeframe.

Canuck
1618536_10153954674330122_298326937_n.png

American
1015860_654909971233135_1838886310_o.png

European

Dont have a map, but it looks exactly like both of these maps, just lifted about 30 or 40 miles north.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

NNE getting the shaft again? How about moving those maps 100 miles north?

+1

Seriously it Sucks..........

The good news?

Yet ANOTHER potential large 12"+ storm has been sniffed out today by the European for next week in the March 6th/7th timeframe.

The bad news?

Looks like VA, MD, Delaware, and Southern NJ are the bullseye.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
The good news?

Yet ANOTHER potential large 12"+ storm has been sniffed out today by the European for next week in the March 6th/7th timeframe.

The bad news?

Looks like VA, MD, Delaware, and Southern NJ are the bullseye.

What is with these southerly storms? Did the people down there do something bad to piss off Ullr? Or maybe it was our end that PO'd him. Or both.

I'll take my chances, Monday is the only day I have off next week.
Hey, anyone got a schedule of those Monday bus trips from Boston? The travel agency's site appears busted.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Figures, another south runner. Well, I guess I can't complain too much. That big storm two weeks ago (only one we've had up here this season) got my stake up to 15 inches and a couple smaller events bumped it up to 17. The snow has since settled/melted back down to 11 inches. Still more than I've had the two previous years.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Figures, another south runner. Well, I guess I can't complain too much. That big storm two weeks ago (only one we've had up here this season) got my stake up to 15 inches and a couple smaller events bumped it up to 17. The snow has since settled/melted back down to 11 inches. Still more than I've had the two previous years.
ARe you still skiing FGR?