• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Is It Bad when ....

dlague

you feel bummed out having to attend a family function on a day that you would like to go skiing? Come on - who schedules stuff on the weekends in the middle of ski season?

skiNEwhere

When people ask me "so what are you doing next weekend" in the winter my response is usually: "Skiing unless you have a much better idea"

Yup. Skiing is always my default answer as well, unless it can preempted by something better

gmcunni

my wife went into premature labor with my son @ 5:30 AM on a day i was supposed to go skiing. i've never let her or my son forget they cost me a ski day

Cannonball

skipped my BIL's 40th bday party to attend this years AZ summit.

:lol:

He'll get over it.

Exactly! This season I have skipped most family Christmas and New Years activities, my aunt's 70th, ~4 work functions. And it's only Feb! Still to skip are: My bro's B-day, Easter, and several more work functions. But like I said, they don't even bother to ask anymore, I just hear about them later.

4aprice

I run in to this problem not only with skiing but with boating in the summer as well. We do try to do what we feel is obligatory. Running into this coming up the last weekend in March which will probably change my plans from Vermont to a Pocono and Catskill day. The worst months for these are June (Graduations, weddings, b-days) and December (holiday get togethers) both at the start of each season.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Edd

Still, the GF tries to schedule non ski activities during Mar and Apr and I still have to veto it. At this point I think she's just trying to aggravate me.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Savemeasammy

My wife's brother is getting married on the last weekend in March. In NC. Pretty damn inconsiderate if you ask me...

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

lerops

My wife's brother is getting married on the last weekend in March. In NC. Pretty damn inconsiderate if you ask me...

For some work reason, you take a later flight. Subsequently, your plane gets diverted to SLC. You try to take the first flight out, but you wouldn't make the wedding. You still want to go, but there is a freak storm. You'll just check into a cheap motel, and as long as you are there you will ski until your flight, which is Sunday night, a red-eye.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Savemeasammy

For some work reason, you take a later flight. Subsequently, your plane gets diverted to SLC. You try to take the first flight out, but you wouldn't make the wedding. You still want to go, but there is a freak storm. You'll just check into a cheap motel, and as long as you are there you will ski until your flight, which is Sunday night, a red-eye.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmmm... This might just work - except we are driving... Damn!

JDMRoma

Nothing quite like telling your in laws you Wont be around for Christmas…not that they care about me but my wife and their only grand daughter…..for the second year in a row. And then I bailed on New Years day to ski…..easter will be next.