• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Moguls.

2knees

nice vid. Course was awesome yesterday. Great day, lots of talent showed up. I dumped it on my qualifying run, 2nd kicker got me. Didnt stick around too long. Anyone know who won the consolation?

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
nice vid. Course was awesome yesterday. Great day, lots of talent showed up. I dumped it on my qualifying run, 2nd kicker got me. Didnt stick around too long. Anyone know who won the consolation?

no one showed up for the consolation head to heads... so we gave it to 4th place.

we had a great time. thank you everyone for coming out and supporting us, the event and Suburban Sports.

2knees

no one showed up for the consolation head to heads... so we gave it to 4th place.

we had a great time. thank you everyone for coming out and supporting us, the event and Suburban Sports.

what's the plan for you guys going forward. closing midweek? should be able to stay open a few more weekends with all that base. course needs to be properly used now that it is MINT.

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
what's the plan for you guys going forward. closing midweek? should be able to stay open a few more weekends with all that base. course needs to be properly used now that it is MINT.

for sure all of this week and the coming weekend. hopefully business is steady, at least on the weekend. that will make the decision. we have more snow than ive ever seen this time of season, so that wont be a problem.

we were jonsing to ditch the event and just ski yesterday. Both stinger and gunny must have been a blast.

2knees

what is everyone's plan this week. weather doesn't look too nice.

powhunter

Typically once the first beer is cracked....Gonna get there @12 tomorrow...tomorrow shows signs of epicness....All AZers are welcome to join us!!

Steveo

otisshirley

I was at Sundown today. The troughs were icy but the bumps were reasonable, especially in the afternoon. Sorry for the poor picture quality.

attachment.php

jack97

Nice...Heard the bumps got rippable mid afternoon...Tomorrow should be the cats ass!

That's right, they were. I was there from 10:00 am till 2:40 pm, upper gunny soften up around 1-2 and became fantastic. I did one run with Greg and Madriverjack had to leave afterwards.

In the morning, upper gunny had scatter sections of ice in the troughs and ice on the backside, impossible for me to ski a line. But I managed at lower and mid gunny, hardly any frozen tracks and the snow was edge-able. I figure I would ski those section and wait for the upper gunny to warm up.

Tomorrow should be epic but I have many stuff going on, might try this weekend.

edit: Sat looks great... got to figure out how to swing it.