• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush Feb 26th

ReefBum

Expected to ski all groomers today but was pleasantly surprised with 2" of fresh snow plus wind blown. Started on Snowball/Spring Fling and made some silky first track turns on some nice fluff on top of corduroy. Next up was Murphy's Glades. Did skiers right and there was 5-7 inches of wind blown powder.....it was awesome. Hit upper Birdland and more nice silky turns and then proceeded to lower Birdland, which had minimal scratch and nice wind blown powder. Also had some some nice first tracks on Moonshine. Upper Domino had some ice near the top but again some nice powder in the wells of the moguls. Proceeded on to Heaven's Gate and hit Spillsville, which had 6-8 inches of wind blown powder. There was some scratch underneath but it was awesome! After lunch I went to Castlerock and skied Middle Earth and Castlerock Run. A lot of scratch but there was some decent snow to be had. I heard it was much better earlier. Overall, an excellent day! Live it when that happens when you have no expectations!

shadyjay

Website
linktr.ee
Spent most of the day today riding Mt Ellen, taking Slide Brook over to LP for a few runs. Surprise of the day was Lower FIS which was really good. Walt's was descent - looks like it'll be better tomorrow as its being groomed, along with Stein's.

ReefBum

Spent most of the day today riding Mt Ellen, taking Slide Brook over to LP for a few runs. Surprise of the day was Lower FIS which was really good. Walt's was descent - looks like it'll be better tomorrow as its being groomed, along with Stein's.

Lower FIS is one of my favorite runs. Always holds good snow for those willing to do the traverse out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk