• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Anyone been to Pico recently?

Bene288

I'm heading there Sunday, 3/2. Was wondering how conditions are after the refreeze.

ScottySkis

Dont know abiut their. trees have lots if snow in Roxbury NY you should come down to the Catskillls, sorry for thred hijack. Hunter will not be ti crowed March less people will be iut this weekend.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I went there about a month ago - see my TR. At the time it was only half open but I had a good time. Someone made a good point that it skis best when all the trails are open. I have no clue how they handled the ice.

bdfreetuna

Was there 10 days ago and it was absolutely prime. I saw what the icing did to Bolton last weekend and I imagine Pico got the same treatment.

Groomers will be fast and grippy. Trees will be fast but carveable, maybe a little scrapy in the less trafficed areas.

Giant Killer and A-Slope will have some exposed rock probably covered in ice in some places. Most everything else will hold the snow.

Also they will have picked up a couple inches here and there by the time you arrive. Should be great!