• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

March 1 and 2 who going where

JimG.

Staff member
Scotty, let me know if you hit Hunter. I'll be there Sat-Mon.

I would consider Elk on Saturday, have not been there in years.

ScottySkis

Scotty, let me know if you hit Hunter. I'll be there Sat-Mon.

I would consider Elk on Saturday, have not been there in years.

I was thinking of Platty and Hunter, but I could go to Elk Sat. I like buying morning ticket their it be fun to take turns with you and your son again and everyone that was awesome day.

4aprice

I'll be home at Camelback for the weekend. (maybe a day too early with the weather report) Mountain Dew Challenge (don't know if I'll run) Ski Team dinner and after party Saturday, always a good time. Originally this was going to be the last weekend I was going to stay here this year, however, with the way things are looking at the moment I may ski a little more of the Pocono's then I originally planned.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

BenedictGomez

Taking this weekend off, then it's 3 consecutive weekends of VT, DAX, VT.

March 1st marks the start of the Montreal School board. Saturday in particular should be very busy.

Will March 7-9 be flooded with Canucks too, or is it primarily the first weekend?

Was considering Sugarbush Friday 3/7 and Jay Saturday 3/8, Sugarbush is far enough south that I'm guessing it should be okay. But Jay Peak might not be "safe" on Saturday the 8th, might pull the trigger on Smuggs instead now that I'm pondering your above.

yeggous

Wildcat for the EICSL race on Saturday. Sunday TBD... Somewhere near North Conway.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

bdfreetuna

heading up to the MRV on sunday for the week...couple days at sugarbush and at least one at MRG (first time!)

Great plans. I hope you like, ahh.. "technical skiing" !

I'll be at Sugarbush this weekend most likely. I try not to spoil myself on the Mad River Valley too much but I am starting to miss taking a right off the Heaven's Gate chair.

spiderpig

Camelback and Camelback, getting there on time for lift opening this time. Mountain Dew race and wife taking beginner lessons.

4aprice

Camelback and Camelback, getting there on time for lift opening this time. Mountain Dew race and wife taking beginner lessons.

Look me up. I'll be skiing around. Green and Yellow coat. Probably be skiing lower angle bumps on L Cleo or Pocono Raceway, around 10-11ish. (Maybe not Pocono Raceway till Dew Tour is done)

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

BenedictGomez

Look me up. I'll be skiing around. Green and Yellow coat.

What's the deal with the youth ski race thing? You mentioned that's why you were at Elk? I saw them all at the top of the lift (hard to miss there was so many of them!), repping Blue Mountain, Elk, Camelback, Liberty, and I think Seven Springs. Is it an every week thing or how's it run?

Cheese

Sat-Sugarbush
Sun-Attitash

PM me your digits if you'd like to carve some corduroy with me either day.

fbrissette

Taking this weekend off, then it's 3 consecutive weekends of VT, DAX, VT.

Will March 7-9 be flooded with Canucks too, or is it primarily the first weekend?

Was considering Sugarbush Friday 3/7 and Jay Saturday 3/8, Sugarbush is far enough south that I'm guessing it should be okay. But Jay Peak might not be "safe" on Saturday the 8th, might pull the trigger on Smuggs instead now that I'm pondering your above.

The Canucks mostly hit Jay, as well as Smugglers and Stowe to a lesser extent. Sugarbush will be fine. Jay on the 8th will be busy but will be more than fine on the 9th.

xwhaler

The Canucks mostly hit Jay, as well as Smugglers and Stowe to a lesser extent. Sugarbush will be fine. Jay on the 8th will be busy but will be more than fine on the 9th.

Nice.....most likely going to hit Jay on Sunday the 9th w/ Smuggs on Sat the 8th next wknd. Seems to be a better plan of attack for crowd avoidance.

hammer

Was going to take a pass on this weekend but I don't see any improvement for next weekend at this point. Have passes to burn so will most likely be skidding on the Frozen Granular at Ragged tomorrow. They claim the woods and natural trails are open but I'm sure it's "technical" skiing.

wa-loaf

Got a ski race at Wachusett tomorrow. Nothing on Sunday. If this storm pans out I might take a day off next week and hit Magic.

steamboat1

Middlebury Snow Bowl Sat. for our ski club race. Most likely Stratton on Sun. since my daughter wants to go there. Doesn't matter to me since I already had 3 good days at K this week.