• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mobile phone broken question

ScottySkis

i with Verizon. cntract up in few months screen is broken, i dropped phone plenty of times tape holding screen together. should i buy used phone and hook it ip ti my plan. i dont want to resgn with Verexpenve thinking of walmart plan . i guess i coild buy refurbeshed phone what do gou great people think. i typing on phone now so annoying .

bvibert

Staff member
If it's still usable just keep using it as is. I cracked my screen recently, the screen protector is holding all the chunks together, so it still works fine. I'm going to keep using it until I'm ready to get a new phone.

If it's really bad and you need to get something to finish your contract with then hit up eBay, there's lots of cheap phones there.

dlague

You can replace the glass! I had to do This to my phone. The glass cost $11 and the tape was $4 the tool kit was $7. It took about 45 minutes to do and there were videos on YouTube,

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

ScottySkis

Thanks fir advice i think i but used phone frok ebay and tape is holding glaas screen for now but typing is nit easy.

57stevey

I use Page Plus - they will do either prepaid or pay by the month. It's all on Verizon's network and they will activate most any Verizon handset with a clear ESN. The rates are very good - https://www.pagepluscellular.com/ - haven't used customer service much but I would expect it to be spotty. My comments here are for dumbphones, can't speak for smartphones.

hammer

You can replace the glass! I had to do This to my phone. The glass cost $11 and the tape was $4 the tool kit was $7. It took about 45 minutes to do and there were videos on YouTube,

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
Not sure where you live but there's a phone repair kiosk in the mall near me.