• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Every states favorite band

skiNEwhere

"The Echo Nest provides a music intelligence platform to hugely popular services like Rdio, Spotify and MTV, so they have a ton of data on what people across America like to listen to. By digging into this well of information they were able to discern what states listen to specific bands more than other states and created a map that displays that data. For more info check out the blog of Paul Lamere, director of developer platform at The Echo Nest, who broke down the data further."

No surprises there, Vermont :)

distinctive_artist_map1.png

jimk

I'm from VA and would have said Dave Matthews, but I think that's really 15 year old data. DMB broke out of Charlottesville in early 90s. My daughter goes to school there now and never heard of him until I mentioned the name. Second graphic fits her taste better.

Cannonball

Who the hell is ALT J in Vermont?

Alt J is good band, but no way they are popular enough to be getting more radio play than anyone else in VT. Still it makes VT look pretty cool on the map when they are basically the only state standing out from the homogeneity of the rest.

Edd

I'm a sucker for bashing Florida. I could do it all day.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone