• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak Pow!

gmcunni

wow, the POW!

1456029_10152252832599441_706444663_n.jpg

BenedictGomez

I saw this pic too on FB and it confused me. Didnt think there's been enough snow for glades to be fresh, makes be wonder if that's near Jay, but not on-map.

JDMRoma

could have sworn they said it was NOT a trail…….so who knows where.

Wyatte74

Anyone ever do a day trip to Jay from CT?
I'm always worried that for all that travel those notorious winds would shut lifts down and screw the day but good...I've had a dream...that dream still remains and I ain't gettin any younger...POWDER is a helluva drug! (from what I've heard around these parts)

deadheadskier

Staff member
I've day tripped it from coastal NH.....~% 3:30 drive.

If you're concerned with wind holds, you could always call along the way and if it's looking bad, stop at Burke or detour up to MRV or Stowe.

dlague

We are at Jay today an while the conditions are awesome and the glades are skiing nice, the crowds are crazy! Longest lift lines I have ever experienced here besides Jet! Intersecting trails with high traffic are dangerous ie Northway and Montrealer.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

BenedictGomez

We are at Jay today an while the conditions are awesome and the glades are skiing nice, the crowds are crazy! Longest lift lines I have ever experienced here

I had the misfortune of "accidentally" skiing at Jay during Canadian school break Saturday last year and VOWED.......VOWED with every fiber of my soul it would never happen again.

I'd never seen Jay even remotely that packed before. The Flyer line was backed UP (yes up) the hill. It finally quieted up from about 2:30 to 4pm, but prior to that was a ridiculous zoo.

fbrissette

I had the misfortune of "accidentally" skiing at Jay during Canadian school break Saturday last year and VOWED.......VOWED with every fiber of my soul it would never happen again.

I'd never seen Jay even remotely that packed before. The Flyer line was backed UP (yes up) the hill. It finally quieted up from about 2:30 to 4pm, but prior to that was a ridiculous zoo.

The lines were much much shorter than President's week-end saturday.