• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Longest continuous run skied

kingslug

Just curious...whats the longest non stop run you've ever done? We where following a guide in Zermatt when we came across an untouched 2K vertical untouched area covered in powder...he took off..and kept going..and going..and going..so I followed...and somehow kept up...not sure how long the run was in total, did know the vert..but we skied for a solid 5 minutes non stop..which considering the depth of the snow and how fast this guy was..well it was my limit..legs totally shot...we where able to keep the group in sight so it wasn't like he abandoned anyone..he just said..." it was zo good..I just couldn't stop"....

skiNEwhere

Juggernaut at k. Not sure how long it is, but considering how slow you're going feels like you're on that trail for an hour

drjeff

I went top to bottom non stop this past Monday down Primrose Path off the Tram at Snowbird. About 7 min per my Alpine Replay track and 2900 vertical feet of soft pack bumps with a much appreciated flat in the middle!! I will admit as I neared the bottom and I was under the Peruvian Express that I seriously thought of stopping as my legs were ON FIRE!!!!!

Cannonball

Blackcomb Glacier to the base. I don't remember the exact stats, but it's in the ballpark of 7 miles, and close to 5k vert. Long sections of traverse that are brutal leg burners on snowboard.

Edd

Blackcomb Glacier to the base. I don't remember the exact stats, but it's in the ballpark of 7 miles, and close to 5k vert. Long sections of traverse that are brutal leg burners on snowboard.

I remember that route being incredibly long. Peak to Creek at Whistler was similar and sticks out in my mind more.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Cannonball

I remember that route being incredibly long. Peak to Creek at Whistler was similar and sticks out in my mind more.

Yeah, that one too. And it's amazing the variety of conditions you go through as you descend all that vert. We did peak to creek from pow to crust to fog to rain. All in one continuous run.

BenedictGomez

I've never thought about this, interesting. I dont know the answer, but I'd guess:

Toll Road at Stowe
Whiteface or Lake Louise from the summit for real skiing

Unless you're someplace like the alps, chances are the answer should be one of those ridiculously traversing beginner runs from the top, right?

skiking4

Backside of Mont Fort in Verbier, Switzerland. 5000 vertical, starting off with 1k+ vertical of cornice/bowl/couloir skiing, 2-3k vertical of long bowls/gullies/glaciers, a 30 min hike around a lake, and some tree skiing that will take you back inbounds to a short groomer back to the lift. Took about 2 hours, still consider it the best run I've ever skied.

JPTracker

Peak to Creek is 6.8 miles with 5,020 feet in elevation from wikipedia

Skied it a few years ago with 6" of fresh pow.

Edd

Yeah, that one too. And it's amazing the variety of conditions you go through as you descend all that vert. We did peak to creek from pow to crust to fog to rain. All in one continuous run.

Peak to Creek is 6.8 miles with 5,020 feet in elevation from wikipedia

Skied it a few years ago with 6" of fresh pow.

I remember trying not to stop but took like 3 breaks at least. It also probably sticks in my mind well because there's a sweet bar at the end.

MadMadWorld

It's A Ten at Kicking Horse. Named because it is 10 km long or 6 miles. I don't even know why I would ski it with everything else that is there

Warp Daddy

Oh my longest. Nonstop is a modest 2100. vert and 4 miles on The Nansen at Tremblant or perhaps the combo of Cloud to Sunway to 3 B at Gore about 2350 vert andd i d guess about similar distance to The Nansen , BUT i could be wrong about that combo. prettymodest compared to what you guys did:dontknow:

KevinF

I think the longest vertical I've done non-stop is Whiteface, top-to-bottom. I've done that two or three times over the years.

The longest I do with any regularity is Stowe top-to-bottom via pretty much any of the groomer routes.

I think I'm good for about 1,000 vertical of bumps before I'm ready to fall over (during the few occasions that I can hold it together that long!)

MadMadWorld

Hardest continuous vertical in the east? Hands down Madonna Liftline for me. So much ass kicking vertical that doesnt stop until you get to the bottom.

mikestaple

Warm Springs run at Sun Valley. I think that is 3200 or 3500 feet. The thighs needed the sulfur pools after that.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app