• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Smuggs 03/01/14

MadMadWorld

Date(s) Skied: March 1, 2014

Resort or Ski Area: Smugglers Notch

Conditions: Packed Powder/Machine Groomed/Wind Blown

Trip Report: After the thaw/freeze cycle from last week I wasn't sure how the conditions would be but since this was my wife's birthday and the weekend had already been planned we decided to give it a go. I was very impressed to say the least. When it's windy Sterling is usually the place to be but not this time (with the exception of a few tree shots). The groomers on Madonna II were just plain awesome. Packed powder and MG snow that was just effortless to carve on even with my rockers. Bermuda glades as usually skied great. Up top of Madonna it was much better. Wind blown in some places and amazing in others. FIS was an ice skating rink but Doc's was great and so were the woods on either side. The trees were definitely the place to be. Spent the better half of the morning and all afternoon lapping Shakedown, Attitude, and Hershey Squirts. Smugglers is setup very nicely for a great spring!

20140301_104701.jpg

20140301_135338 (1).jpg

20140301_135604.jpg

20140301_135609 (1).jpg

xwhaler

Nice! I'll be there next Sunday----look fwd to watching the extreme competition from M1. Looks like some chances for light snow most of the week as well.