• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak 3/1-3/2/2014

dlague

Jay Peak

Conditions: PP and Powder some frozen HP

Trip Report:

Jay Peak is a trip we look forward to every year! The mountain I learned to ski on - though it has changed a lot we still love it! We were not sure what to expect due to rain about a week earlier but were pleasantly surprised.

We started off taking the Taxi quad to get to Tram side since the line for Bonnie and Jet seemed long. Once on the Tram side the line for the Tram was super long and Flyer's line was too! This was disappointing but we decided to head back to the Jet chair. From the we skied Haynes and the took Montrealer over to get on Bonnie. We then skied a run from there before heading into the Tower Bar. In the after noon we took Flyer to get to Beaver Pond. Ullr's had some scretchy spots but was ok. The glades were well tracked but skied really well with the exception of the entrance. We also headed into Kokomo which was really cool! Our kids wanted to hang in the park and my wife and I opted for more runs off Jet which how we ended our skiing day and entered the Ride and Ski après ski party zone! A shout out to Matt from Snowriders who in voted us to their event later in the night!

The next day we woke to about 6 inches of freshies and we were giddy! We hit the Tram right away and skied Vermonter over to Jet. We wanted to ski Derrick Hot Shot and were a little sadden to see it scraped off already with huge icy sections! It was manageable! However we headed into Timbuktu and it was in much better shape we also skied Haynes and Jet. Those two were real nice withe the new snow! On the Tram side we hit Beaver Pond, Green Mountain Boys, JFK, Wedelmaster,, Goat Run, Buck Woods and River Quai. Off Bonnie we skied Can Am and a couple runs on Angle's wiggle. Sunday was just great conditions all the way around with no lift lines!

Overall, it was a fabulous weekend with one day at Waterville and two days at Jay Peak! Waterville seemed so small!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Last edited:

dlague

Since I was having troubles adding pics I will do it this way!

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1393940932.673981.jpg

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1393940976.024149.jpg

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1393941102.416759.jpg

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1393941142.982396.jpg

BTW this band rocked it at the Ride and Ski Party

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1393941276.644185.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone