• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bromley 3/3/2014

Euler

Forget $50,000+ to ski Haystack/Hermitage, just find places like Bromley and ski them midweek! Spent 10-2 doing nearly every trail on the mountain. I was solo but wanted to use a BOGO I had... couldn't because at 9:30 no on else was buying day passes...wound up purchasing one of the Spring Loaded tickets for $109 , giving me 4 days of skiing there between now and next Dec 17th. There were at most a couple of hundred people on the hill with me and they were well spread out. Conditions were great...The grooming team at Bromley really knows how to lay down a smooth corduroy carpet of machine groomed packed powder! Also, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the trees were skiing really well! Bumps outside the trees were just a bit too icy/scratchy to be really enjoyable for me, but in the trees the bumps were prime. Cant wait to get back on a warmer day...temps topped out around 17 this time...kind of weird for March 3rd...

100_9279.jpg
100_9285.JPG
100_9277.jpg
100_9288.JPG

Attachments

• 100_9281.jpg
    100_9281.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

Euler

Two more photos...the awesome shuttle that takes skiers from the parking lot to the lodge!

100_9290.JPG100_9291.JPG

Last edited:

xwhaler

Nice pics! Bromley is one of a few 1k+ vert hills I've yet to ski at in New England. It looks like a lot of fun and I'll make it there one of these yrs.

reefer

Thanks for the report! Nice pics. Mid-week rocks. Maybe head over there on a nice sunny day later this week!

slatham

Crowds aren't too bad on the weekends either! Great little mountain that skis way bigger than it is, and skis bigger than the larger (crowded ) resorts as you will end up getting more overall vert at Brom. Plan to be up this weekend, and with temps in the upper 20's lower 30's it could be pretty good.

2knees

I love bromley. Has a lot packed in for a smaller area. Only thing that drives me nuts is they never run that east side chair on weekdays and you have to slog your way across the flats. Probably not much of an issue when it's 17 degrees but on a warm spring day with the south face, it's a killer.

steamboat1

Bromley is a great mountain that is overlooked by many. I was there on Sun. (3/2) & found conditions to be similar to what you experienced. The only thing I would change is that while the bumps were firm they were very skiable. They also had plenty of bump runs to ski on both the front & back sides which is something that has been lacking at other areas I've skied this season. While I'm sure Sun. was more crowded than what you experienced on Mon. there were still no lift lines despite the parking lot being 3/4 full. There was also plenty of seating in the base lodge which is something that can be a problem at other areas. Bromley has been one of my favorite mountains to ski in So. VT. for a very long time. It's a shame I don't ski there more often. Bromley also saves me about an hours drive from where I normally ski.

edit: By the way nice shot of the bumps on "no name chute". If I'm not mistaken the glade shots is of "The Plunge" The Plunge is a trail you'd never expect to find at Bromley, it ski's more like something you'd find at MRG.

Last edited:

Euler

Oh, don't get me wrong, the bumps were all very skiable...I'm an iintermediate bumper on a good day, so they while I could survive them, I couldn't get any kind of flow established in them. Seemed like they needed more human traffic to break apart some of the crusties on top? Not sure. If I could pick my way through them at my skill level, they would be a hoot for a more advanced skier

Glenn

Nice report! I have to get back there one of these days. I heard about that deal on the radio the other day...not bad at all!

slatham

Billski, did you get to Magic over the weekend? Wondering how it was as I am thinking for this weekend one day Magic, one day Brom. Thx