• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

'14-'15 passes

drjeff

It's that time of the year when the major players typically start announcing their offers for next season.

Who does everyone think is going to go first and start the comparison shopping??

My guess is that we see at least 1 or 2 announced by this weekend

Tin

Hope I'm in school at UNH or Dartmouth next year so I could grab some big mountain passes...or else it will be Crotched again. Was at Berkshire East yesterda and they started theirs already, $479. Pretty crazy since they don't make snow until around Christmas and end by April.

xwhaler

Hope I'm in school at UNH or Dartmouth next year so I could grab some big mountain passes...or else it will be Crotched again. Was at Berkshire East yesterda and they started theirs already, $479. Pretty crazy since they don't make snow until around Christmas and end by April.

What are you looking to study? Both great schools both academically, campus, and proximity to skiing. Dartmouth probably being superior in all 3 phases however!
My wife and I are both double Wildcats and live 20 mins from campus. Would be happy to help answer any questions about the school/area if you'd like.

Bostonian

Looking at Gunstock again, although their prices went up to $439 from 399 last year (I think)... Maybe if I have enough money I would love to do the Waterville/Cannon/BW/Cranmore pass plus the G pass... but nearly $1500 could break the bank

Tin

What are you looking to study? Both great schools both academically, campus, and proximity to skiing. Dartmouth probably being superior in all 3 phases however!
My wife and I are both double Wildcats and live 20 mins from campus. Would be happy to help answer any questions about the school/area if you'd like.

Thanks. Applying for my PhD in Clinical Neuro and Developmental Neuropsych at UNH. Time to get out of RI.

4aprice

In a real quandary with what to do about passes next year. Camelback announced prices back on Presidents Day Weekend and they are going up. I'm not bound to them anymore as the boy is off to college so no more ski team. (If he goes to Plymouth, I'll buy him that 4 MT college pass). Wife likes the convience of 45 min drive, close to home, whip up whip back etc., and I see her points. I have always planned to go up at least a couple of times to socialize with friends and (believe it or not) would actually probably use the pass the most during holiday periods when I wouldn't travel anyways. Will be doing a lot more skiing further north and out WEST. Lots of pros and cons. Got till the end of the month to decide.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

skiNEwhere

I think I'll get the epic local pass this year vs the full epic pass. Price hasn't been released yet but if it's the same price as last year it should be $549. Only difference between the two is that I I only get 10 days at Vail or beaver creek and I doesn't include any of the Tahoe resorts, both which are fine by me.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Waiting on Granite Pass pricing, but I'm leaning heavily towards going back to Ski Club vouchers and discount cards.

Outside chance of a Cannon NH resident pass.

Edd

I think I'll get the epic local pass this year vs the full epic pass. Price hasn't been released yet but if it's the same price as last year it should be $549. Only difference between the two is that I I only get 10 days at Vail or beaver creek and I doesn't include any of the Tahoe resorts, both which are fine by me.

How is Beaver Creek for a light intermediate skier? Taking the GF west in a couple of weeks. Considering mellower areas. She's very much a fair conditions and mild pitch kind of skier.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Euler

No pass for me. I get to ski a great deal at Mt. Snow when I chaperone my school's ski program there, and I've had really good luck keeping my average cost for other trips well below $50 a day.

thetrailboss

Staff member
For the west the big one to watch is Vail Resorts and their Epic Pass product. That really had a big impact on the Utah market. With such a low price-point, resorts here really scrambled to compete and it was not by dropping prices but by responding with reciprocal deals that were very good overall. Best one in my mind was the Alta/Snowbird/PCMR/DV deal with nine free days at partner resorts. For me that adds like $700-800 of value onto a $1,000 pass. Brighton and Solitude partnered up with their passes. Snowbasin did a deal as well.

I can't really speak for Colorado, but I know that Vail has really pushed pass prices down there.

xwhaler

I'll be sticking to the discount cards, Fox44 card, resident special days, etc again next yr.
Few reasons for this:
1) I love the variety of visiting new places---much like a golf course each mtn has its own unique feel, terrain, attitude/culture. I like the exploration side of it all.

2) There is no mtn I can be at in under 90 mins that I'd consider getting a pass to. Cannon would be my pick if it were closer or the Granite pass so I could hit Crotched for just an AM/PM session. To me the best way to maximize value out of a season pass is if you have a 2nd home near a mtn or have a night skiing hill you can use after work w/o going too far out of the way---neither scenario exists for me right now.

3) Cost: I keep track each season how much I spend just on the lift ticket component of skiing. Going back the last 3 yrs:
2012: $29 average over 24 Days
2013: $20 average over 16 Days
2014 YTD: $19 avg over 16 days---will likely end up being closer to $25 over ~25 days once I use/input my SkiVT vouchers and Fox44 card.
It would be difficult to get the cost/day on a pass significantly lower than this unless I really got out during the week and both days every wknd.

4) Call me a bit crazy but I actually enjoy hunting for deals---I try and ski more for less every yr

Last edited:

steamboat1

I do both, season pass & use other discounts so I can ski around. For me a season pass is a great deal. I've got my season pass down to about $27 per day so far & it's only the beginning of March. The ski area my pass is for is shooting for a June closing date so I have plenty of ski days left there. Most likely get the daily price down to well under $20 per day by the time I'm done. I live 5 hours away. Using other discounts are good & saves me money when I ski other places but doesn't come close to the savings I see with my season pass (with the exception of a $6.50 ticket at Mt. Ellen earlier this year). Out of my 23 days skiing so far this year I've skied 5 different areas besides where my pass is & will add more before the season is done. Also my pass is good at 2 different ski areas so I've skied 7 different mountains this year & will make it 8 this weekend. Some of these other places I've skied more than once already or plan to ski again before the season is over.

They haven't announced pass pricing for next year yet.

Last edited:

jrmagic

If you don't mind spending the bulk of your time at one place and ski relatively often there is no better deal than a season pass. My average cost per day is now at $15 and falling. Unlike other years however, I haven't managed a single day away from the home hill. Hopefully I can get at least a couple of those though my schedule is about to get even tighter once lacrosse starts in another week.

HD333

Okemo Peak Pass is $1169 for adults and $799 for Jr's if you buy before 4/30, which we will be doing.

Perks include Okemo and Sunapee no restrictions, 3 free Killington Tickets, 2 free Okemo Tickets (valid after 3/2/15), 5 days at Crested Butte.

I like the 3 Kton tickets and the 2 Okemo tickets for guests.

JDMRoma

Im going to stay with my SuperPass again next season….Love having Cannon with it now, Bretton for early season and those inevitable Windy days…..Wish it had a southern Mountain !

thetrailboss

Staff member
Okemo Peak Pass is $1169 for adults and $799 for Jr's if you buy before 4/30, which we will be doing.

Perks include Okemo and Sunapee no restrictions, 3 free Killington Tickets, 2 free Okemo Tickets (valid after 3/2/15), 5 days at Crested Butte.

I like the 3 Kton tickets and the 2 Okemo tickets for guests.

Okemo gives passholders three free tickets to Killington?! Never thought I'd see the day!

dlague

I'll be sticking to the discount cards, Fox44 card, resident special days, etc again next yr.
Few reasons for this:
1) I love the variety of visiting new places---much like a golf course each mtn has its own unique feel, terrain, attitude/culture. I like the exploration side of it all.

2) There is no mtn I can be at in under 90 mins that I'd consider getting a pass to. Cannon would be my pick if it were closer or the Granite pass so I could hit Crotched for just an AM/PM session. To me the best way to maximize value out of a season pass is if you have a 2nd home near a mtn or have a night skiing hill you can use after work w/o going too far out of the way---neither scenario exists for me right now.

3) Cost: I keep track each season how much I spend just on the lift ticket component of skiing. Going back the last 3 yrs:
2012: $29 average over 24 Days
2013: $20 average over 16 Days
2014 YTD: $19 avg over 16 days---will likely end up being closer to $25 over ~25 days once I use/input my SkiVT vouchers and Fox44 card.

4) Call me a bit crazy but I actually enjoy hunting for deals---I try and ski more for less every yr

You are not crazy because if you are then I am too! I have skied 21 days with and average of 21.74 so far! My total cost by the time every thing is said and done is less than most season passes and where I have been is not bad either! 15 different resorts so far and according to our plan - 21 resorts is the target and 40 days of skiing! The closest resorts for me are also not worth a season pass (Ragged, Pats, Gunstock, Sunapee, Waterville, etc) beyond that I might as well mix it up!

steamboat1

Okemo gives passholders three free tickets to Killington?! Never thought I'd see the day!

Yes & a Killington pass doesn't include any days at Okemo with the exception of the college pass. Most K regulars wouldn't use it anyway but Okemo passholders seem to be excited about the deal. What does that tell you?