• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

'14-'15 passes

snoseek

A good slogan for that place: "Stowe...go f*** yourself.."

Right? Over a grand for a M-F pass with blackouts. I mean I get that the place is amazing but godamn....does anyone else in the US even top that price?

I guess there's always Smuggs

drjeff

Whoa....that STEEP. Are they basically trying to create a private ski area!!!! If I lived in town I sure as hell would work at least part time at the resort, assuming they even give passes to part time folks!

Just "old school" season pass pricing, where a full season pass (and often restricted day passes didn't exist back before the 90's) was somewhere in the 15 to 20 "high season" full day tickets price point (That pass for Stowe is just over 17 days).

The thing is they'll sell a bunch, and at the same time help keep the crowds down a bit and keep the snow surface better for those using it.

Right? Wrong? That's fully open for debate, but I'm guessing that Stowe wouldn't be charging that, and continuing to invest year in and year out like they have been the past few years if their price point for their product wasn't generating the revenues they're looking for. It is after all the ski INDUSTRY

VTKilarney

Holy cow! $500 more than Killington and $600 more than Mt. Snow.

One oddity is that the family pass is actually competitive with other large ski areas. A family with children ages 10 and 13 would pay:
$3,853 at Stowe
$4,506 at Okemo (includes Mount Sunapee)
$3,636 at Killington
$3,616 at Sugarbush
$4,216 at Mt. Snow
$3,798 at Loon

EDIT: I goofed and used the price of a pass with one child. The price for a pass with two children is $4,331

Last edited:

snoseek

Just "old school" season pass pricing, where a full season pass (and often restricted day passes didn't exist back before the 90's) was somewhere in the 15 to 20 "high season" full day tickets price point (That pass for Stowe is just over 17 days).

The thing is they'll sell a bunch, and at the same time help keep the crowds down a bit and keep the snow surface better for those using it.

Right? Wrong? That's fully open for debate, but I'm guessing that Stowe wouldn't be charging that, and continuing to invest year in and year out like they have been the past few years if their price point for their product wasn't generating the revenues they're looking for. It is after all the ski INDUSTRY

I hear you, a business move sure. Still this rubs a lot of people the wrong way....it's just sooo far out there.

dlague

Nice! Not! At $3,853 for two adults and a child is too steep for this boy! Fifty days is about the best we can do in a single season and that works out to just over $25 which is not bad but then we have to abandon our family and friends it becomes not worth it! Best I want is about 20-25 days at a single resort (Cannon) and then mix in some variety.

VTKilarney

Shoot! I goofed and used the "1 child" price instead of the "2 children" price. For two children, it's $4,331.

VTKilarney

Most major ski areas seem to charge between $3,600 and $4,500 for a family of four. And that is just to ride the lift. It doesn't include lodging, food, gas, etc. I know that there are bargains out there, and I know that you don't have to ski that many days, but the truth is that skiing has priced itself out of the market for most families. My instinct tells me that many families now make one week-long trip and that's about it. And many more families spend their money on a trip to a warm weather destination.

ScottySkis

NY gold pass goes on sale again Tues Sept 2 . It probably sell out fast.

http://www.iskiny.com/ski-deals/iskiny-gold-pass

[h=1]ISKINY Gold Pass[/h] The ISKINY Gold Pass will have it's final allotment for the 2014-15 season go on sale starting September 2nd. They will sell out fast when they go on sale. If you would like to be notified of when they are on sale please click the email link or send email to memberservices@iskiny.com here.

BenedictGomez

Whoa....that STEEP. Are they basically trying to create a private ski area!!!! If I lived in town I sure as hell would work at least part time at the resort, assuming they even give passes to part time folks!

They do, and it's the only reason I worked there. Which, by the way was only about 10 to 15 years ago, and the price increase in that timeframe is Considerable. It was a fun place to work though.

does anyone else in the US even top that price?

I guess there's always Smuggs

Mow-TENZ of ad-vehn-TURE, Mow-TENZ of FUhhn.

Smuhhhhgg-lerzzzz Nohhhhhtc.

skiNEwhere

Right? Over a grand for a M-F pass with blackouts. I mean I get that the place is amazing but godamn....does anyone else in the US even top that price?

Aspen almost beats it http://www.aspensnowmass.com/plan-your-vacation/season-passes

One thing that kind of annoys me about both of these places is that they both offer a college season pass, but neither offer a military (either active duty, reserve, or veteran) season pass. Aspen even takes the college pass a step further by stating you must be 24 or younger. What, if I'm military or a college student over 24 it's automatically assumed I'm not poor?

snoseek

Aspen almost beats it http://www.aspensnowmass.com/plan-your-vacation/season-passes

One thing that kind of annoys me about both of these places is that they both offer a college season pass, but neither offer a military (either active duty, reserve, or veteran) season pass. Aspen even takes the college pass a step further by stating you must be 24 or younger. What, if I'm military or a college student over 24 it's automatically assumed I'm not poor?

Hear you, am veteran and would jump on an Aspen pass at a good price.

WWF-VT

Holy cow! $500 more than Killington and $600 more than Mt. Snow.

One oddity is that the family pass is actually competitive with other large ski areas. A family with children ages 10 and 13 would pay:
$3,853 at Stowe
$4,506 at Okemo (includes Mount Sunapee)
$3,636 at Killington
$3,616 at Sugarbush
$4,216 at Mt. Snow
$3,798 at Loon

EDIT: I goofed and used the price of a pass with one child. The price for a pass with two children is $4,331

At Sugarbush the current cost is $3,157 - Adult All Mountain 7 passes are $1349 each and the 13 year old would be $459. If your child is 12 and under they get a pass for free with the purchase of an Adult 7. I don't think Stowe even offers an option to buy in the spring when I buy my pass at Sugarbush for $1,049.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Stowe was quite generous to people working at a Stowe Area Association business back in the day. It's been 13 years, but I used to get a mid-week pass for $250 when I lived in town.

Tin

At Sugarbush the current cost is $3,157 - Adult All Mountain 7 passes are $1349 each and the 13 year old would be $459. If your child is 12 and under they get a pass for free with the purchase of an Adult 7. I don't think Stowe even offers an option to buy in the spring when I buy my pass at Sugarbush for $1,049.

Sugarbush and MRG for $359....I love college. It amazes me how affordable most mountains are making skiing for the under 30 crowd. Even if I were not in school but under 30 I could ski Bush and MRG for $430.

Savemeasammy

Sugarbush and MRG for $359....I love college. It amazes me how affordable most mountains are making skiing for the under 30 crowd. Even if I were not in school but under 30 I could ski Bush and MRG for $430.

I guess resorts must think that the "over 30 with kids" crowd has more disposable income. Many of us don't. It would be nice if "family" passes were more realistically priced. It's expensive to buy 4 of everything, and then shell out thousands for passes at a decent resort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk