• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

JB is skiing Pico this Friday! (3/7/2014)

Joshua B

The combination of having a baby and taking a lower paying job with less stress is that I've had less opportunity to ski. Now my child is 3 and he's been 3x this season! He had a wonderful lesson at Berkshire East 1 1/2 weeks ago.

That's a bit of context.

I'm taking this Friday off and working Saturday so that I can have a day to myself to ski! I've chosen to return to Pico after 25+ years. I'll be paying $24 for an all day lift ticket. :smile: Fridays are "for the guys" days and men pay $24.

So basically, hi guys. You haven't seen me much here. But I still love skiing. Just not much time to discuss it online and less $ to do it often. That's why I'm so excited for Friday and why I'm posting here.

If you know me and by chance happen to be at Pico too, please reply here or get in touch.

Edd

I saw a weekly deal there on Mondays, like $29 for NH and VT residents. Pretty awesome. Haven't been there for a good 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

xlr8r

Enjoy Pico, Good choice. I don't think it has changed much in 25 years, but it has pretty fast lifts and a lot of character.

Bene288

I have a trip report from this past Sunday (3/2). It skied quite well. You should have a great time. Watch the entrance to Upper Giant Killer though!

Joshua B

Yeah Bene288, yesterday I enjoyed reading your trip report, seeing your photos, and reading all the follow ups.

4aprice, thanks for the welcome back!

Smellytele, yeah, huh? Actually, I figured the "JB" was maybe a less annoying way of referring to myself than "I" and "me."

xlr8r, I'm really looking forward to lots of runs, especially via the summit lift. Also looking forward to the character of the mountain. I remember loving Summit Glades many years ago, with deep snow and falling snow. That was a day when a family friend had driven us up in a VW Bug with very little heat. :)