• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Burke conditions???

Howdy folks,

I haven't seen any Burke trip reports recently, and I wanted to see if anyone has been there in the last week and could report on conditions of the glades (either on or off map)?

~Scott

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Everything is open but we haven't had much new snow in these parts lately so don't expect to find pockets of fresh powder anywhere. A lot of good packed powder skiing on the trails and the glades are well packed with some thin spots.

Good enough for me. I'm getting just a little tired of Cannon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Wave Dave

Echo the above, groomers are real good, scratchy a bit late today, and the woods, although (always, ha) in need of a fresh coat, are solid too. Would avoid the rockier steeper glades if i was you on the far east and far west sides.

despite their snow reports which have reported nothing over the past week, it looked to me like the summit has picked up a at least a few inches since i was there last Monday.

Boardguy

Looks like they may be getting a nice amount of snow Wed and Thur. 3/12 and 3/13 Hope so, headed up Friday. NECN has them right in the heavy snow area on their map calling for 14" to 18".

Last edited:
Thanks for the condition updates! A friend and I went on Sunday and things were good enough to have a blast. Also the Bloody Mary at the Bear Den still ranks as #1 in my book.

burski

Those weren't the $14 bloody Mary's from Stowe were they?

Thanks for the condition updates! A friend and I went on Sunday and things were good enough to have a blast. Also the Bloody Mary at the Bear Den still ranks as #1 in my book.

thetrailboss

Staff member

Someone be sure to tell Rachel. Glad to see she is still there.

Someone be sure to tell Rachel. Glad to see she is still there.

I sent them the following message:

Could you pass this along to the right people? (I've heard perhaps Rachel at the Bear Den?).

For the last year I have been systematically trying Bloody Mary's at lodge bars all around New England. My friends think I spend more time drinking than skiing. In any case, after several statistically valid samples, I have to say that the Bloody Mary at the Bear Den is far and away the *best* Bloody Mary I've ever had. 2nd place (Cannon's tram top bar) is not even close. So, whatever changes will happen at mid-mountain in the next few years, for the love of God, don't change your Bloody Mary recipe.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
I sent them the following message:

Could you pass this along to the right people? (I've heard perhaps Rachel at the Bear Den?).

For the last year I have been systematically trying Bloody Mary's at lodge bars all around New England. My friends think I spend more time drinking than skiing. In any case, after several statistically valid samples, I have to say that the Bloody Mary at the Bear Den is far and away the *best* Bloody Mary I've ever had. 2nd place (Cannon's tram top bar) is not even close. So, whatever changes will happen at mid-mountain in the next few years, for the love of God, don't change your Bloody Mary recipe.
After that endorsement I may have to try one! :beer: