• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

weekend of March 8 and 9 what hill are your planning on hitting .

Cornhead

Staying home yet again, Greek Peak, demo day Saturday, Blizzard and Volkl reps will be there, can't wait to demo some skis. I'm interested in the Blizzard Brahma. I did ski the Bushwhacker from my local shop, I loved it, but without metal, well underfoot only, it didn't have the snap out of turns like my Mantras. I liked everything else about it. I was hoping to be in the Mad River Valley now, but work issues have kept me home. I've got to start burning vouchers, hopefully one more storm is in the offing. Enjoy Spring Mountain High, wish I was there. Yes, I have vouchers for both MRG and Sugarbush.:evil:

Smellytele

Gonna lay low and hang at home here in CT doing chores etc. Heading to Chamonix on the 14th!!! Mont Blanc, Le Vallee Blanche... here I come!

You'll have a blast. The butter is better in France. Yum the butter. Skiing is pretty good too. Not sure how the snow is this year. heard some Frenchy on the lift in CO the other day saying he was there because the snow was subpar but who knows.

4aprice

Thursday: Okemo (saw they only have 1 trail closed so there is virgin territory for me to explore).
Friday: Cranmore (History City, 1st time for me so I'm interested)
Saturday and Sunday: Attitash/Bear Peak (1st time also, will leave Black as the only area in NH I haven't hit (Wilderness too but we shall see about that one with the recent news)).

Eastern High School Championships this weekend. Looking forward to being up in North Conway, its been a while. Do they have ice skating in front of the old Rail Road station anymore? Might surprise the wife and bring skates if they do.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

crank

You'll have a blast. The butter is better in France. Yum the butter. Skiing is pretty good too. Not sure how the snow is this year. heard some Frenchy on the lift in CO the other day saying he was there because the snow was subpar but who knows.

It has been snowing pretty consistently for the past few weeks. However they went through a drought earlier in the season and probably because of the newer snow not bonding with older layers that the avalanche danger has been "considerable". I'm not sure what that means but we are going to be careful and definitively do a few guided days. Mmm butter!

Smellytele

It has been snowing pretty consistently for the past few weeks. However they went through a drought earlier in the season and probably because of the newer snow not bonding with older layers that the avalanche danger has been "considerable". I'm not sure what that means but we are going to be careful and definitively do a few guided days. Mmm butter!

The guide is a good idea. We hired one for a day to do Vallee Blanche. Well worth it - kept us away from crowds a little bit

yeggous

Undecided. Maybe Bretton Woods on Saturday and Cranmore on Sunday. Could be convinced to swap for Attitash or Wildcat either day.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

JDMRoma

Cannon on Saturday and Bretton On Sunday......or I could flip em.
Thinking BW will be busier on Saturday......or screw it and just do 2 days at Cannon :)

yeggous

For anyone staying at an EICSL club this weekend there are $45 ticket to BW on Saturday. Cranmore has $39 ticket on Sundays in March with an e-coupon.

Savemeasammy

Sat: debating cannon or Pats.

Sun: friggin' birthday party...