• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

March 13th (Don't Crucify me!)

catsup948

But yeah await the euro. It's driving the ship on this one so it seems. It probably won't win though..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

C-Rex

I was looking at going to Magic Thursday, but now I'm not sure if it's far enough north... Maybe Sugarbush or Jay instead?

wa-loaf

I was looking at going to Magic Thursday, but now I'm not sure if it's far enough north... Maybe Sugarbush or Jay instead?

If you want to ensure all snow, go north!

1891297_10151925310726879_1705431414_n.png

BenedictGomez

Finally had a look at the 00z Canadian, and it has the warm air aloft trending even farther north than the NAM (see below 18 hours worth of panels covering the storm).

This is definitely not a good sign for those s.VT areas.

TT_GZ_UU_VV_042_0850.gif

TT_GZ_UU_VV_045_0850.gif

TT_GZ_UU_VV_048_0850.gif
TT_GZ_UU_VV_054_0850.gif
TT_GZ_UU_VV_060_0850.gif

SnowRock

I had two brutal weeks at work... so was already pumped for this week with the start of the big east tournament and my trip to stowe. Now its nonstop weather pron and my productivity is sinking by the minute.

JDMRoma

That looks good.....Ill be at Cannon on Friday for sure.......Back up plan is BW !

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I am holding out hope that Magic gets the goods as I want to be able to hit there on Saturday... Hopefully that R*in/Snow line moves further south a bit

This is probably going to play out like the one that hit new england with rain everywhere. It will dump wet snow, then freeze up, requiring good grooming again. All that said, Magic is going to have helluva great spring skiing.

BenedictGomez

If you want to ensure all snow, go north!

Yup. My chips were already on the table based on model runs yesterday with Gore and Whiteface. I decided to go north (better) and west (better) to take rain, ice, mix out of the equation. I might not hit the homerun jackpot zone, but I'll increase my odds of scoring. Think of it like a sacrifice bunt in baseball.

BenedictGomez

FWIW, the 12Z GFS just came in a bit colder and further south, which is great news, except for the fact it's the GFS.

flightschool

There is a bit of a south and cooler trend this morning. It would be nice to see the r/s line fall back to the mass/vt/nh border.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Think that has gone back the other way. Rayno is on the north trend, significant mixing all the way up to albany and across into vt/nh. Sorry guys.

Also, Boston feels like 50 degrees right now and the sun isn't out and I think it could get warmer if that changes.... That is not a good sign!.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

More from the Canuck. R/S line is close, but doesn't get there fortunately

Here's R/S line on the high resolution Canuck for the beginning of the storm. This is only 24 hours out so it's before the heavy precip arrives, but at least it gives an idea before the start.

TT_GZ_UU_VV_024_0850.gif