• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

March 13th (Don't Crucify me!)

wa-loaf

I've got a problem with one of my tires. If I have to replace it I'm not likely to buy new snows at this point and will just put the all seasons on. You are all welcome.

dmw

Any idea of projected timing? I have to pick someone up at the airport midday Wednesday... A Liftopia for Crotched Thursday... Wondering if I'll even be able to get there!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I've got a problem with one of my tires. If I have to replace it I'm not likely to buy new snows at this point and will just put the all seasons on. You are all welcome.
wa-loaf, If we believe BB, I'm afraid snow tires will be no match for the incoming. You'll need to rent a Humvee nonetheless! :spread:

flightschool

Will be at Loon or SR weds/thurs if this plays out. Glad I kept the snows on, almost took them off this weekend.

wa-loaf, If we believe BB, I'm afraid snow tires will be no match for the incoming. You'll need to rent a Humvee nonetheless! :spread:

That's not all one storm. A couple 1-3 type deals will be swinging through NNE during the next couple days.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Any idea of projected timing? I have to pick someone up at the airport midday Wednesday... A Liftopia for Crotched Thursday... Wondering if I'll even be able to get there!
NWS sez:

BUT
THERE ARE QUESTIONS ON TIMING. THE GGEM IS FASTEST...BRINGING THE
LOW PAST NANTUCKET BY WEDNESDAY EVENING. THE GFS IS ABOUT 4-6 HOURS
SLOWER...THE ECMWF ANOTHER 6 HOURS SLOWER WITH PASSAGE AT THE START
OF THURSDAY.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
NWS Isn't sticking it's neck out yet....

ONE COMPONENT...THE SHORTWAVE OVER THE NORTH PACIFIC...IS STILL FAR
FROM LAND AND WILL REMAIN SO FOR AT LEAST ANOTHER 24 HOURS. SO
CONFIDENCE IN THE DETAILS OF THE STORM REMAIN LOW. BUT MODELS HAVE
BEEN CONSISTANT IN ADVERTISING STORMINESS FOR WEDNESDAY-
THURSDAY...SO CONFIDENCE IN POPS IS INCREASED FROM PREVIOUS
FORECASTS. WILL INDICATE HIGH-END LIKELY POPS DURING THE HEIGHT OF
THE STORM AND MAINTAINING CHANCE POPS THROUGH THURSDAY EVENING IN
RECOGNITION OF THE SLOWER ECMWF SOLUTION.

day3_composite.gif

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Don't kill the messenger ;) you gotta say what the masses wanna hear.
If there is only one thing I've learned about the NWS, it's this. It's not about the weather. It's about safety. It's right in their mission statement. It's more about safety than the weather. Meteorologists work in the boiler room, but the safety guys pilot the ship.

SnowRock

Here's a sight for sore eyes. 7 day accumulation. use 10-12" snow-qpf equivalent. What's that? A 2.7 QPF?

p168i.gif

I could get down with this! Was suppose to head up to stowe Thursday, thinking Of heading up from NYC Wednesday night right after work instead.