• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

March 13th (Don't Crucify me!)

flightschool

Well, go to northern Vt, white face, or SL. New NAM run tracked a ways further north again, did not reverse the trend. I had a feeling it was going to move north because every time my schedule allows me an easy day trip, the close spots end up bulls eye 3 days out and then off center and miss half the snow fall. It is way too predictable. F, it, I might just drive to sugarloaf weds night.

Sorry for anyone trying to ski in the southern areas. This is going to suck big time for you, I think.

Quietman

What the hell happened to the negative NAOI!?!?!?!? :evil::evil::evil::evil:

Did it get too negative?

Well, go to northern Vt, white face, or SL. New NAM run tracked a ways further north again, did not reverse the trend. I had a feeling it was going to move north because every time my schedule allows me an easy day trip, the close spots end up bulls eye 3 days out and then off center and miss half the snow fall. It is way too predictable. F, it, I might just drive to sugarloaf weds night.

Sorry for anyone trying to ski in the southern areas. This is going to suck big time for you, I think.

We toss the NAM, no questions asked. It also went south too. Are you actually looking at the models or listening to the chatter on the street?

GFS went south too and EURO ticked south midday. The trend is actually going the OTHER way.

There is so much that doesn't make sense in the NAM run lol. DC goes from near 70 to 20 in 6 hours, the low cuts to ERIE PA, then slides due east and doesn't strengthen whatsoever, and the thermal gradient is TOTALLY out of whack. roflmao

We toss, that run was some seriously F'ed up stuff. The NAM is higher than Scotty right now.

BenedictGomez

Twenty-four hours from now, I'll look at the NAM. Though you might want to try some urban-skiing in Toronto if it verifies.

flightschool

Maybe you're right, maybe NAM is seeing that there is no reason for storm not to just head north. Euro model has not been flawless this year even when run to run consistent right? I am hoping euro confirms, it would be candy farting unicorns for me it did.

Twenty-four hours from now, I'll look at the NAM. Though you might want to try some urban-skiing in Toronto if it verifies.

Yea the NAM I only good when the storm is bearing down on us. It's mesoscale model so it's good with little nuances within the storm and it's range is within 24 hours. Using it outside of that range and your mind gets bombarded with nonsensical solutions.

I don't think there is enough room for the storm to move any more north. That PV lobe is legit.

flightschool

If the NAM is useless until 24 hr out, why would a guy as legit as rayno spend 7 minute discussing it 4 day out? Seem bizarro to me, but i'm new to the game.

I'm going to bed. Might have to up at 5am thursday :) hope you're all right about this not going north, would love to save some money!

BenedictGomez

00Z GEM brings R/S line WAY far north. Yuck.

00Z GFS is better, R/S line basically pivoted from horizontal to diagonal it seems

Savemeasammy

flight,thats a good call, and sr always has a good base. magic is always awesome after a dump, but there might not be too much underneath

This will be an elevation storm. SR = poor elevation.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

NAM goes WAY south once in range haha.

GFS goes south as well.

EURO stands pat or ticks a little north

I think everything is in falling into place. I've never looked at the GEM and is never plan to use that model.