• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

March 13th (Don't Crucify me!)

slatham

Radars not always accurate - had it dump at my Bromley condo (2,300 feet) with no radar echos at all and also with pure green.

skigod.us.com cam, which is at 2,400' or so up Stratton, looks to me to be snow, or a mix, after having shown immature snow earlier for about an hour, and snow earlier. This area in So VT is right on the edge.

Key will tonight when the storm passes, cold air comes in, and storm bombs out. That could result in 12" overnight.

Front has made some serious progress. Expect for the r/s line to crash south around 5-6pm. Temps are crashing in the daks and NVT.

Albany is having a serious ice storm right now, yikes! Let's hope there isn't any damage.

UVSHTSTRM

During my ride home from work (Manchester to Claremont, NH) it rained the whole way. This includes New London and Sunapee. However it did snow out earlier, perhaps 3 inches. My wife, who just got home from work In Lebanon reports all snow, perhaps 6 inches or more.

BenedictGomez

Here's your current temps at 16:20.

Above'ish the 0 should be snow, below'ish the 0 could be mix to rain.

031214_1600.gif

skiberg

Now that we know we are getting the goods, what's the deal for those that will not make it up to the mountains until Sat. Any idea if it is going to rain or snow Sat in VT/NH. Rain and then a freeze Sat will really make for a bummer.

ChicoKat

Raining in Campton 6 miles down Rt. 49 from Waterville. Winds are starting to pick up and temps seems to be dropping.

Rowsdower

Temps in the Poconos and Catskills are trending about 5-10 degrees below where they were predicted to be at this time of day. We'll see if that trend continues. Would be a nice surprise.

Tin

Magic must have just updated their site, reporting 3-4" as of now. Hope to see another 8-10" before I get there tomorrow.

Orford NH in the lead with 11" already. Smuggs reports 9", but I assume they're approaching the foot mark by now.

j law

Anybody have thoughts on my day trip tomorrow? I think I'm trying to decide between Gore and Magic as they are both about the same distance.

I don't really know the glades at Gore that well but I'm guessing they will be sweet as Gore has already reported 11 inches.

And I love Magic but am thinking it will get skied out more quickly since it will attract all the powder hounds.

I'm guessing I won't be complaining no matter what

slatham

Gore no mix. Magic had mix. Wind issues at Gore? Doubtful at Magic. High speed lifts vs slow? Tough call.

powhunter

Now that we know we are getting the goods, what's the deal for those that will not make it up to the mountains until Sat. Any idea if it is going to rain or snow Sat in VT/NH. Rain and then a freeze Sat will really make for a bummer.

Yea this pattern has happened way too often this year..Keep your fingers crossed!

Steveo