• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Photos of your worst lift line

Edd

Killington...this was a Monday.

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1394301212.548671.jpg

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Glenn

After some overnight icing at the tail end of February break. ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1394313581.764259.jpg

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I had a pic on my old dumbphone of Hunter during the Feb 2010 storm, before they installed the new 6-pack. Longest lift line I've ever been in.

TropicTundR

The pic was of the main lift. I was on the West Side though when the Z lift broke down and we had to walk back along the service road.

I actually recall being bussed out once that season and a "customer rep" handing out discount cards upon leaving bus.

mlkrgr

Didn't take a pic of this one but White Peaks quad was backed up all the way to the quadzilla line last year with 2 lanes for each group size opened (8 total) at Watervile Valley for St Pattys Day last year which is probably a 30 minute wait (when the corral is full it's about 15). Quadzilla usually has enough empty chairs that go up or the chairs go up with 2/max 3 people on average each chair but had a 10 minute wait. Sunnyside had a 10 minute wait as well that day. World Cup and Northside were closed for the day (despite reasonable wind for most of the day). Luckily, it calmed down after lunch.

Gotta hate it when the lift lines at Loon reach all the way to the front of the gondola building too.

drjeff

Drjeff probably found a lift there with no lines.

I actually "only" managed 21 runs and just under 25k verts yesterday AM before I stopped to have lunch with my daughter about 12:15 - yup, the crowds really were a hindrance yesterday ;-)

Okay for full disclosure, I hit the hill with my kids at 7:25ish for the last pass holders AM Express (pass holders exclusively get to ride the Bluebird on Saturday AM's from 7:30 until 8 from early Jan through the start of daylight savings time), had 3 lift rides by 8, 10 rides (a bunch of rides at Carinthia by the time I dropped my son off at his park program at 9:15, a bunch of North face laps over the next hour and a half or so and then a mix of Bluebird and Grand Summit singles lane rides until lunch - no way I could of done that if my wife wasn't down in NYC seeing some high school friends of hers!! Lol