• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter NY Catskills 2014 spring

ScottySkis

534429_841765942506281_2143501776_n.jpg

ScottySkis

kSunday no lines, or wait . Meet up with Jim D from here and his friend with their family. skijng in Groom stuff which was expected. Good fsnow soke ice here and their but could be seen before hand. Was careful becaues was nit have helmet on. stopped at Potter Brothers got a nee helmet frim lSt eeason stock for 80$ fun times was hd tjat for sure.. Now time too go to Hunter soring no lines little ppl out all trailz open wooods will be good soon.

Wavewheeler

It does look good but the lack of snowfall lately and threat of rain on the days I'm skiing this week (Wed-Thursday) pretty much sealed the deal on our going further north, to Killington. It's hard to walk away from 2' of recent snowfall and more forecast to come midweek.

Don't know if I will get back to Hunter before it closes but I'd like to try.

ScottySkis

Wavewaler K is the best choice now. Catskills need soke snow or soft spring warm 40 s. Have fun at K i went onky once their in Nov it good plCe i like to go bCk cLlong .lol Have you been to Stowe or Bush or North VT yet?

ScottySkis

April 12 Sat. Hunter spring Cont. 3 Weeekends missed that ok Today warm, soft snow hot people babes showing off by BBQ. No ppl herr snow on 85% of trails deep,deep. check it out Sunday last day at Hinter To goood today to describe inmany words other to say epic. Lovubg this wether and not . Feet and Lungs were all all all great. I will ski more before ny season ends. Great meeting up with Jin agIn and his friends and family. glGot to the hill at 1045 skiing off 6 pack lpst of the day. Jimimmy was awesome today. Glad i meet Groomer Dan ha ha. Bib Cornhead fun skiing with gou as walyS. great meeting fee new ppk and hearing Kigslug but avlctuallly didnt meet him funny. gteat House spot cant wait For Sunday. Come out A zonwrs on Sunday seee and eexpercinece fun times. seasoj pass holders from any hilll ski for what 20$ almost alll trails are open with goood to great base. no reasone to close well not many ppl their so i ubderdstand. Rping pass great inversment 161 $ 4 days their rom willl be my 5) since I biught it 3/1/13 i been drinking a little so that might hVe effexcted his post write up. mJ was fun to on the hill with onee whp might do that.

JimG.

Staff member
Hunter was amazing again today. Perfect Spring day. 44 top to bottom except for small break at headwall. Right side Clair's epic. Lower K and Upper Xover exceptional. Eisenhower and Racer's skiing in well.

Tomorrow is it.

Rambo

Hunter Mountain
Saturday, April 12, 2014

Caught a ride to Hunter with Cornhead. Got out on the slopes about 11:30 am. Met, Scotty, Jim G., and Kingslug. Skied quite a few runs with Scotty (don't tell anyone but Scotty is a nice guy). Totally awesome spring conditions. Gotta Love Hunter Mountain. They ran the 6 person lift til 4:30 and with the high speed lifts we got in a lot of runs.

Took a few pics:
Hellgate
huntah41214 002.jpg

Hellgate
huntah41214 015.jpg

Mr. Scotty got a new helmet for his Birthday last month.
Happy Belated Birthday Scotty
huntah41214 009.jpg

Spring Deck Party
huntah41214 019.jpg

Cornhead

Couldn't have asked for a better day of Spring skiing. Sunny, 65°, tons of snow still on the hill, great meeting and skiing with everyone!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Hawkshot99

I skied today from opening till 1045 when I had to leave to go to work. Was a great morning. Nice and soft from the start.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

ScottySkis

Shoot. Rumor at Belle yesterday was Hunter going to next weekend. I was stoked for going Friday or Saturday. 4 pm closed todY for season Vermont for more fin times this soring. sniw was oerfect soft lind like ocean. graet big mogils alll o er i got to vet better at that. it was great sking with Dmc sniwbiarding frinds and Jim and his friemds this mornong . What great season the
:sad:[/QUOTCatskills had this year. Warp did your son see thr lady on top with jeans bra on . he know if he did. got to love Spring skiing warm today Lu gs did greT over weekend . Tired didnt sleel much past few days;-)

Great day today Sunday to so nany hot people showing off love that. Glad i got to metet some new ppl. Got take some turns witj DMC today.

JimG.

Staff member
Nice seeing Scotty, Rambo, Cornhead, Kingslug, and Hawkshot99 at Hunter this past weekend!

2 epic spring bump days. A little sore today, and a little bummed Hunter is done for the season.

On to K!!

Rambo

Can't get over how AWESOME the skiing was at Hunter on Sat. 4/12 - was too tired out and the legs were sore and worn out from so many runs with the High Speed lifts that I decided not to go back on Sunday.
I suppose I could post a couple more pics from Sat. 4/12/14:

Snowboard girl on Jimmie Heuga Express trail
(with no helmet)

huntah41214 010.jpg

The Scotty Meister, on Jimmie Heuga.
(Was going to take some action pics of Cornhead and Scotty but never got around to it as the skiing was so awesome)

huntah41214 013.jpg