• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter NY Catskills 2014 spring

ScottySkis

Got to the hill sround 11 ish today. waited for soft snos. It was theur. Sun in and out to 2 pm then sun kedp sniw and vuees amazzzzing. all fronrt traiols grommed for most part. Jjmmin Hugea nice around 12 pm. Didnt go ack. Singkes line on 6 psck maybe 5 minutes. Ate at My scotJerrry deli good pastrmi their. nice to be back didnt do west side. kove doing Kenndeuy and all steep trails their. left at 345 when temps were cooling quickly pictuers latwe. Nkw time to hit Hunter spring no croewwwd s expert stuuff wjole hill. Dte skied March 8 2014 o.e day aftee my Birthday

steamboat1

Got to the hill sround 11 ish today. waited for soft snos. It was theur. Sun in and out to 2 pm then sun kedp sniw and vuees amazzzzing. all fronrt traiols grommed for most part. Jjmmin Hugea nice around 12 pm. Didnt go ack. Singkes line on 6 psck maybe 5 minutes. Ate at My scotJerrry deli good pastrmi their. nice to be back didnt do west side. kove doing Kenndeuy and all steep trails their. left at 345 when temps were cooling quickly pictuers latwe. Nkw time to hit Hunter spring no croewwwd s expert stuuff wjole hill. Dte skied March 8 2014 o.e day aftee my Birthday

Sounds great.

ScottySkis

Closed trees but firm in here by bottom next to left side half way down.
1939585_837285586287650_1848838212_n.jpg

Shredder of Gnar

44 was soft and in all its awesome glory!

It was yesterday (Tuesday, for late readers) too! I wish they would just pound that trail with snow all winter and save a lot of us the trek to SS every week(end) after early/mid April, but unfortunately that's never gonna happen...

ScottySkis

Sunday MARCH 16 cold and sunny. i got to the hill around 11 am. i was hoping for spring but jnew forecast was for winter. No crowds realyy all day . i took 6 pack up a fee times waited a mintues or two. groomers were high speed i had no helmet on it is brookenn. i glad i had pass for today. good day for no work bkue bird sun temps were in 20s wether was nice not to cold. snow was ski able i expexted that everywhere. A little wind pictures later. it was great neeting up with Jim Nd his son and friend jis daughter again they are fast i am slow. thanks for advice i love freee lessons Jim i did that and ut helped tlwith turns for sure.