• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski repairs shop in eastern MA, southern NH

yeggous

This weekend I badly damaged my Experience 88 skis at Wildcat. The edge is bent inward into the base. The repair shop at Wildcat thought they could straighten out the edge. Now that I am home I have tried 4 shops (zimmermans, proctor, rj Bradley, sport thoma at nashoba) and nobody here wants to try.

Can anybody recommend a good repair shop that will do edge repair?

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

Rikka

Ski Haus in Salem NH

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

shpride

Summit ski shop in Framingham. It's the only place I bring my stuff. The SkiMD guy does great work

WWF-VT

Did the 4 shops already say they can't do the repair or won't do the repair because it's not likely to work for very long ?

yeggous

Wildcat said they could do the repair but would need a few days. I did not leave it there because I wanted to flexibility to go elsewhere next weekend.

Proctor, RJ Bradley's, and Sport Thoma at Nashoba all said they could not fix the edge and offered to just grind it down and fill it. Bradley's suggested I take it back to Wildcat where they have more experience with damaged skis. Sport Thoma said their was nobody in the area who could fix it except for maybe Summit in Framingham and they suggested I go see the ski tuning guru at their shop in Lincoln.

The shop guy at Zimmermans offered to give it a shot but his manager forbid it and said that's he never said that before.

Ski Haus in Burlington said "it's definitely repairable" (for $100+) but their guy who could do it only works weekends and is off for the next two weeks. They encouraged me to attend their demo day instead.

By stop number 7 at Sun and Ski in Woburn the manager said it "doesn't look too bad" as the edge is still attached and agreed to fix it personally for price TBD and would call me if things "don't work out as planned".

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

yeggous

Wish I had taken pics. I got them back today. They did a decent job on straightening out the edge. You get definitely tell it's got a bit of curve in it, but I'm happy. I think nearly time to promote them to the venerable role of rock ski.