• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic Questions

WoodCore

Popped my Magic Cherry on Friday. Great mountain/great vibe. Although a bunch of stuff was roped off and I was to chicken to duck the ropes, next time I want to be able to hit some of the more challenging terrain.

I have one burning question for the Magic regulars: Why is chair 16 pink and blue? Inquiring minds want to know.

It was painted that color for a former Magic racer Megan Ives who passed away 2? years ago.

MadMadWorld

Popped my Magic Cherry on Friday. Great mountain/great vibe. Although a bunch of stuff was roped off and I was to chicken to duck the ropes, next time I want to be able to hit some of the more challenging terrain.

I have one burning question for the Magic regulars: Why is chair 16 pink and blue? Inquiring minds want to know.

They're policy on roping stuff is extremely confusing. Sometimes they leave a trail open that really has no business being open. Other times It's roped off for no reason.

Savemeasammy

They're policy on roping stuff is extremely confusing. Sometimes they leave a trail open that really has no business being open. Other times It's roped off for no reason.

Magician was roped off Sunday, but since I was able to ski OVER the rope, I'm assuming it was ok... Plus there were no cranky old bats yelling at me about it being closed ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tin

Magician was roped off Sunday, but since I was able to ski OVER the rope, I'm assuming it was ok... Plus there were no cranky old bats yelling at me about it being closed ;)

What are you? Stupid?

I heard her talking to another patroller in the lift line about how she had not skied Red Line most of the year because of the "thin cover".

Last edited:

MadMadWorld

If you can ski over it then it should definitely be open. It's at least a valid excuse in my mind.

What are you? Stupid?

I heard her talking to another patroller in the lift line about how she had not skied Red Line most of the year because of the "thin cover". If they're going to have people like that evaluating trails they need to put up a "Help Wanted Ad", I would volunteer. We also ducked on The Wardrobe which had more snow in it than all the days I've had in the woods this year (except for 26" at Pico). There was a ton of base so we never heard anything under our skis and 6-8" of untracked stuff everywhere.

Wardrobe was closed on Saturday? That's crazy. Slide of Hans was closed Sunday. Looked great from below.

You saw that lady again? She is unbelievable. I get the feeling that patrollers don't care if you drop ropes as long as you know what the hell you're doing.

Tin

If you can ski over it then it should definitely be open. It's at least a valid excuse in my mind.

Wardrobe was closed on Saturday? That's crazy. Slide of Hans was closed Sunday. Looked great from below.

You saw that lady again? She is unbelievable. I get the feeling that patrollers don't care if you drop ropes as long as you know what the hell you're doing.

Yup, could tell by the voice. Wardrobe was closed the previous weekend too when we ducked it.

RustyGroomer

I wish you guys could have seen me in a funny moment last weekend. Ducking the rope on a rather steep trail only to somehow get my pole caught in the damn thing. I seriously could have not got it more stuck if I tried. Like wrapped around the basket twice tight stuck. Still don't know exactly how it happened. Now i'm about 5' down the hill, arm flailing, pole caught, trying hard to get out of sight. Had to climb back up & release it like those Chinese handcuffs. When good times go bad.

jrmagic

I wish you guys could have seen me in a funny moment last weekend. Ducking the rope on a rather steep trail only to somehow get my pole caught in the damn thing. I seriously could have not got it more stuck if I tried. Like wrapped around the basket twice tight stuck. Still don't know exactly how it happened. Now i'm about 5' down the hill, arm flailing, pole caught, trying hard to get out of sight. Had to climb back up & release it like those Chinese handcuffs. When good times go bad.

Hmm steep trail.... bet you entered all the way to the left;) The previous weekend I was skiing with a couple and as we came to Magician, we see their son lying on the ground head first down the trail with his ski stuck in the rope. We had to help him get free but it took a couple of minutes since we were laughing so hard. At least his mother didn't humiliate him further by yelling at him.:D

4aprice

Hmm steep trail.... bet you entered all the way to the left;) The previous weekend I was skiing with a couple and as we came to Magician, we see their son lying on the ground head first down the trail with his ski stuck in the rope. We had to help him get free but it took a couple of minutes since we were laughing so hard. At least his mother didn't humiliate him further by yelling at him.:D

I applaud the mother. If it were my kid I would be laughing as well and letting him (the girl just wouldn't do it) know what a dope he was. I marvel at some of the chances my 17 takes as he's young and strong, so far so good. Let kids be kids.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

MadMadWorld

Plenty of embarrassing moments like that RG. But those are the kind of things that make memories!

MadMadWorld

I applaud the mother. If it were my kid I would be laughing as well and letting him (the girl just wouldn't do it) know what a dope he was. I marvel at some of the chances my 17 takes as he's young and strong, so far so good. Let kids be kids.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

I am 32 and when it comes to skiing I act like a 17 year old. Kids should be kids and adults should be allowed to from time to time!

hammer

I am 32 and when it comes to skiing I act like a 17 year old. Kids should be kids and adults should be allowed to from time to time!
I'd like to be able to act like at 17 year old but even if the body cooperated I'd still be paying for it for the next several weeks...

RustyGroomer

All of this reminds me of when my buddies son tried a rail for the 1st time. Laughing way to hard to pick him up. Yet we managed to take pics. :)
attachment.php

drjeff

All of this reminds me of when my buddies son tried a rail for the 1st time. Laughing way to hard to pick him up. Yet we managed to take pics. :)
attachment.php

Pictures like this is why I really (on some deep, sick level ;) ) enjoy riding the Nitro Quad over at Carinthia at Mount Snow. Some of the wipeouts that you see on a regular basis are hysterical. Fortunately, about 99% of the time it seems like the only "injury" is to one's pride! ;) :lol: