• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic Meetup March 15th

MadMadWorld

A few AZers are already in. Shoot me a message with a cell and I will coordinate the gathering. We used a group text at Cannon earlier this year and it worked great so let me know if you are interested. We already have a volunteer tour guide as well!

RustyGroomer

almost definitely
Nick penciled in on the roster. I think i'm that tour guide. If anyone needs anything(help, guidance, skis, etc), let me know. I'm right there & have sorts of stuff.

RustyGroomer

No pic of actual hats but this is the logo I used. Old "MM" one I've always liked. Hats are classic Alpine Turtle Furs. Much better looking in person.
MagicHatPic.png

reefer

Damn. Unfortunately heading to Malaysia for a couple weeks. I'm banking on a lot of spring skiing in April....................Have fun. I'll still be reading the reports.

Tin

Posted this in the Magic Questions thread but...I ordered 4 more Magic tix for $20 from Mountain Sports Club, guy said there are only a few left. There is also a Groupon to Fullerton Inn/Restaurant for $25 that is good for $50. We will be there Thursday, possibly Friday, and definitely Saturday.

wa-loaf

MMW, what route do you take to get there? 12 through NH or Rt 2 out to 91? Google seems to think 12 is a little faster, but I have a hard time believing that the surface roads would be faster.

MadMadWorld

MMW, what route do you take to get there? 12 through NH or Rt 2 out to 91? Google seems to think 12 is a little faster, but I have a hard time believing that the surface roads would be faster.

I've done both routes and it takes exactly the same time. I haven't done Magic after a big storm but I imagine the highway will be better. But the route 12 route isn't bad at all. Not any crazy steep or windy roads. I like going rt 12 because there is no one on that road on the weekend. Where are you coming from?

hammer

I would think the same...not sure that Google (or GPS receivers) factor in traffic lights. Been checking directions from home and the time difference between fastest and 2/91 is 12 minutes, but I know that Rt. 101 from Nashua has a lot of lights.

wa-loaf

I've done both routes and it takes exactly the same time. I haven't done Magic after a big storm but I imagine the highway will be better. But the route 12 route isn't bad at all. Not any crazy steep or windy roads. I like going rt 12 because there is no one on that road on the weekend. Where are you coming from?

Northborough, so I'd be coming up 190 from Worcester.

Tin

Thinking about going the "longer" way by going west on the MassPike then up 91 tomorrow because it will get more love from the plows. How is 12 in the snow? Is it a main road, highway? Looks like going through a bunch of small towns on Google Earth.

MadMadWorld

Northborough, so I'd be coming up 190 from Worcester.

Cool. Yea either route is good. I'll probably just go route 12. If the road sucks it's easy to get back onto 91. The directions take you 2 to 140 to 12 right? I think that's faster than going through Fitchburg