• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Real-Time Reports, March 12-13-14

WJenness

It just took me an hour and a half to get to Woburn from Lowell this morning... Frustrating drive in. I wish I was headed in the other direction!

Rikka

Ragged is off the hook and there are only a few people here.....powder for all!!

Rick

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Last edited:

jimk

Ragged is of the hook and there are only a few people here.....powder for all!!

Rick

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Interesting. Their website says only four inches new snow.

Tin

4" of new stuff at Magic but waiting in the lodge BC of ice on the lifts. Tried for Pico but with the summit on hold and the roads we stuck closer. Took 2.5 hours to get to the NH border from Providence, usually takes 55. Pico tomorrow.

4aprice

4" of new stuff at Magic but waiting in the lodge BC of ice on the lifts. Tried for Pico but with the summit on hold and the roads we stuck closer. Took 2.5 hours to get to the NH border from Providence, usually takes 55. Pico tomorrow.

I hereby "order" you to report back your each and every move. (Old Woman: "Order, who does he think he is?", KA(Me): I'm your king). Your reports will have a lot to do with my weekend plans.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Masskier

Burke was unbelievable this morning. Lot of people for a Thursday. I think most of the NEK called in sick. No wind holds, powder everywhere. It felt bottomless and was knee deep in most areas, except where it was windblown with snow drifts. Lots of skiers from Jay came to Burke because of the wind and threat of wind holds. Snow's been winding down since noon time. Most trails were left un-groomed

octopus

you chose wrong. drove up from boston and stayed at magic, hoping for the best, didn't work out. bailed for pico in the morning, took a little longer than normal, roads sucked, but i have 4wheel drive:thumbup:. thought i was too late for good pow, but, summit lift on hold until 11:30= 2+feet of untouched pow

soposkier

you chose wrong. drove up from boston and stayed at magic, hoping for the best, didn't work out. bailed for pico in the morning, took a little longer than normal, roads sucked, but i have 4wheel drive:thumbup:. thought i was too late for good pow, but, summit lift on hold until 11:30= 2+feet of untouched pow

Headed to pico tomorrow, looking forward to some soft bumps

j law

Gore was amazing today! I had never been there on a powder day and really enjoyed their glades.

The way they reported snow this week was strange… but there was definitely 20 inches from the storm but I think about half fell during the day on Wednesday and half after the lifts closed. This I think was a good thing b/c some powder got pushed down yesterday and that extra 10 today was awesome on top of a soft base. The winds were tough but not enough to keep me off the mountain on a powder day!

thanks to all the people on this site who were watching the weather and helped me pick gore over Magic today.

j law

And by the way (now that I'm enjoying some whiskey), I was really impressed with Gore today. I've skied all over the world (and I especially love tree skiing) and I have to say that I thought Gore was an amazing glades destination. None of them are too steep (I'd pick Jay any day over Gore), but on a day when I could only do a day trip from NYC, I was in heaven.

I just wish I was on the first chair instead of arriving at 9pm. Still found tons of fresh lines but I'd love to get a virgin run under that lift that goes to the summit.

What a day. Logged almost 500 miles in the car, over 20,000 vert, 6 advil and now 3 whisky's. Tomorrow should be my true sick day but I'll do a good job of "recovering" tomorrow in the office!

jimk

And by the way (now that I'm enjoying some whiskey), I was really impressed with Gore today. I've skied all over the world (and I especially love tree skiing) and I have to say that I thought Gore was an amazing glades destination. None of them are too steep (I'd pick Jay any day over Gore), but on a day when I could only do a day trip from NYC, I was in heaven.

I just wish I was on the first chair instead of arriving at 9pm. Still found tons of fresh lines but I'd love to get a virgin run under that lift that goes to the summit.

What a day. Logged almost 500 miles in the car, over 20,000 vert, 6 advil and now 3 whisky's. Tomorrow should be my true sick day but I'll do a good job of "recovering" tomorrow in the office!

Way to get after it. Your posts are dripping with stokage. :snow: Bet you won't forget that day for a while.