• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Real-Time Reports, March 12-13-14

ScottySkis

60 miles from Catskills we lost all if our snow that was left. Trying hard not to think about how it looks. People in the north please enjoy your new powder i glad you guys and girls are finally gettinggg some.

wa-loaf

Magic from facebook. :(

Early report from operations is that a few inches fell late last night and it is still snowing lightly...call it 2-3" after the 3 inches that fell early yesterday but there's a layer of icing in between and the wind has been blowing it around. So not what we'd call a typical "powder day". It instead will be a $15 "throwback day". Also there is icing on the lifts that has to be carefully dealt with so there is the possibility of a delayed opening as ops deals with that. The roads are not pretty so please drive carefully if you are heading out. As we learn more, will update every one.

moguler6

Drove up to Killington last night. 20" at the house, bottom of the access road.

Weird drive up. Rain from Boston to exit 12 on I89. Temp went from 37 to 25 degrees in 10 miles. Freezing ncp from about Sunapee to Whaleback. Changed over to sleet until Woodstock then turned to snow. Started nuking around long trail brewery.

MommaBear

Mount Snow is reporting 4 inches and is anticipating lift delays due to ice and wind. Maybe another 1-3 expected today. Need to rethink my plans for tomorrow.

Savemeasammy

Mount Snow is reporting 4 inches and is anticipating lift delays due to ice and wind. Maybe another 1-3 expected today. Need to rethink my plans for tomorrow.

I would guess that most of this "4 inches" fell before it changed over to rain in the afternoon. I am working up in that area, and when I left in the late afternoon, the rain had packed the new snow down to about 1 inch. Unfortunately Sunapee (and all other southern mountains) are going to suck until the Saturday warm-up.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

drjeff

I would guess that most of this "4 inches" fell before it changed over to rain in the afternoon. I am working up in that area, and when I left in the late afternoon, the rain had packed the new snow down to about 1 inch. Unfortunately Sunapee (and all other southern mountains) are going to suck until the Saturday warm-up.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

I'm fine with that! Send the crowds North! When the warmer temps Saturday hit that new snow, they'll be a bunch of folks complaining of how heavy and sloppy the snow will be! A warm up with what "slop mix" fell at Mount Snow should make for some very good spring conditions, and hopefully some less than usual crowds. (Yes i'm 100% the glass is 1/2 full now! ;) )

makado420

Anybody know if belearyre went to shit over night or if they got some snow

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

jimk

Believe the Cats got primarily non-frozen precip. Gore and Killington got mostly snow and appear to be the approximate dividing line for pow seekers.

drjeff

Believe the Cats got primarily non-frozen precip. Gore and Killington got mostly snow and appear to be the approximate dividing line for pow seekers.

That's kind of what I gathered too. From Gore over to Killington and then over to around the North Conway area was where it seems like the all snow line/mixing of some sort and duration line set up for this one

4aprice

Wow, what a gradient. 1-3 Golden Triangle, 7-10 Okemo, 20+ K and north. The weekend plans are starting to look a little different then originally planned.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Warp Daddy

18 inches of BLOWER pow at Titus Mtn , i gotta go out now and plow for the second time ,storm is over up here but its 2 degrees with some windchill.

Wavewheeler

When I cancelled my reservation for my hotel room at Hunter the lady there said they got an inch. That's in nearby Tannersville, down the road from the mountain. What happened on the mountain itself I don't know.

Wavewheeler

Looks like i'm headed to K!

So am I! But not 'til Tuesday. I just hope it STAYS cold. It's supposed to do something Tuesday-Thursday and I'm praying it's WHITE not wet. :snow: Temps are supposed to rise and that's concern. Too soon to tell.

Well, I'm going regardless and with over a foot and a half of new snow already there it'll be awesome in any case.

Savemeasammy

I'm fine with that! Send the crowds North! When the warmer temps Saturday hit that new snow, they'll be a bunch of folks complaining of how heavy and sloppy the snow will be! A warm up with what "slop mix" fell at Mount Snow should make for some very good spring conditions, and hopefully some less than usual crowds. (Yes i'm 100% the glass is 1/2 full now! ;) )

At my house - close to Pats Peak - it was all rain yesterday, but I'm actually fine with it. Pats closes at the end of March regardless of conditions, and they have plenty of snow to last.

You can thank me for being one of those to contribute to the lack of crowds at the southern mts this weekend ;)

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app