• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Burke 3/13/14 - Powder day

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Burke reporting 18+ inches. Definitely “+”on the east side of the mountain. Wind was blowing straight up the mountain. The queue was full waiting for the MBE to open at 9:00. The excitement was evident. It has been 2+ years since Burke has had a really good powder day (good = 16”+ of soft powder on top of a decent base).

1[SUP]st[/SUP] run was “Super Doug’s” (Upper/Drop/Lower). The Drop was deep and drifty. Lower Dougs was deep and untracked.

Jungle was pretty good with some decent untracked lines.

Many of the trails had been groomed early last night so there was quite a bit of powder there too. However, the upper sections of Willoughby and Dipper were pretty wind blown.

Wilderness = beautiful soft powder bumps.

East side glades = DEEP

I wish I could have stayed all day.

xwhaler

Awesome! Looks sick! Will be up at Burke a week from Sunday and continued cold+this new snow should have the woods still skiable by then.
Congrats on getting it---you guys have waited a looooong time up in the NEK for this sort of storm.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Oh yeah, Rerun the trail under the new lift is awesome with this much snow. Since Burke built the lift three years ago this was the first time I felt like I skied it the way it needed to be skied. :cool: I kind of waited and hit it later in the morning and definitely did not get first tracks but it was still really good.

first light

I am planning on riding Burke Sunday and Monday. What should I expect for conditions on those days?

lerops

Oh my! Glad for you NEK. You have been very patient (well, except for your constant reminders that you are overdue a big storm). :snow:

Cornhead

Skiing Burke tomorrow, been three years, can't wait.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2