• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt Snow AZ Southern Outing 2/16

2knees

one things for certain, regardless of the track, is that this storm is gonna pull down some mighty cold air behind it. friday should be chilly to say the least.

Greg

Staff member
one things for certain, regardless of the track, is that this storm is gonna pull down some mighty cold air behind it. friday should be chilly to say the least.

Hopefully by Friday the winds will settle down though.

I'm serious about Magic. I'd like to hear others' thoughts...

madskier6

I was thinking the same thing. I'm all for a contingency like that, but I know some in the group are on A41s and would probably prefer Snow. I'm flexible...

I have an A41 and want to hit Mt. Sneaux but if there's fresh snow at Magic, I'm in favor of hitting that instead. It's all about the snow and the skiing for me! Not to mention that Friday at Magic would mean $25 lift tickets.

Sorry for the hijack, Allskiing. Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Mt. Snow should be great on Friday, especially after some fresh snow on Wed!

2knees

Hopefully by Friday the winds will settle down though.

I'm serious about Magic. I'd like to hear others' thoughts...

i'm as serious as a heart attack. if magic gets enough to open the goods, i'm there.

Grassi21

i'm in different. i will be skiing mt. snow on saturday and sunday anyway. i'll go with the majority.

bvibert

Staff member
I think I voted for Magic in the first place, so that'd be cool with me... 8)

reefer

Magic Magic Magic......have to take advantage when you can, talk about epic. I'll find you stashes at Mt Snow some other time............I'm at Magic Friday also!!!!!!!
Did ski Mt. Snow Saturday. Will have pics and report later. They will be 100% with anything over 10" I believe........

ALLSKIING

Staff member
I would not be able to do magic since the family is with me. For those who want to hit magic should...I would not want to hold anyone back from a pow day.

Greg

Staff member
I propose we wait until Thursday to see how much snow actually falls and what runs Magic opens up. My feeling is anything less than a foot+ of all snow and we should stick with Mount Snow. Heading to Magic would cut into my ski day a bit as it's probably an hour further for me.

reefer

I propose we wait until Thursday to see how much snow actually falls and what runs Magic opens up. My feeling is anything less than a foot+ of all snow and we should stick with Mount Snow. Heading to Magic would cut into my ski day a bit as it's probably an hour further for me.

I agree 100%. Make the call Thursday. We need at least a foot for Magic, but remember, a foot usually equals 0-24" around here, especially with the predicted winds! Plenty of deep!
I'll be at Mount Snow during the storm Wednesday! I'll check back Thursday. Got Friday off and I'm skiing!

Greg

Staff member
I'll be at Mount Snow during the storm Wednesday! I'll check back Thursday. Got Friday off and I'm skiing!

Nice! Keep us all posted on how the mountain sets up.

2knees

I have to back off my magic call a bit. I have to do day care drop off in the morning and be back in time for my wife to work friday night. Magic is about 2.5 hours and snow is less then 2. i may just head to snow regardless.

Greg

Staff member
I have to back off my magic call a bit. I have to do day care drop off in the morning and be back in time for my wife to work friday night. Magic is about 2.5 hours and snow is less then 2. i may just head to snow regardless.

Quite honestly, I'm cool either way. Magic would be fun for the leftover powder, but I'd be just as content ripping the North Face and Beartrap on some big ole powdery bumps!

:spread: :daffy: :snow: :spread: :daffy:

JimG.

Staff member
I'm game for either, but I need to know what we're doing by Thursday morning the latest.
My 2 oldest boys are off of school Friday and they want to come along which is fine.

But Magic is probably another 1 hour drive for us, so we'll need to know when to set the alarm.

Unless they get 12"+, Mt. Snow is probably a better bet.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
My one issue with the magic change is that we took a poll and Mt snow had the most votes. I am sure some made plans for the trip. As I said before I don't want to stand in the way of a powder day but for future polls on other AZ trips or AZ trips in general this might not be a good thing.

2knees

My one issue with the magic change is that we took a poll and Mt snow had the most votes. I am sure some made plans for the trip. As I said before I don't want to stand in the way of a powder day but for future polls on other AZ trips or AZ trips in general this might not be a good thing.

good point and i apologize for my posts last night. the enthusiasm got the best of me.

Greg

Staff member

good point and i apologize for my posts last night. the enthusiasm got the best of me.

Likewise. I wasn't going to say anything initially as I didn't want to detract from the work you did here, Dave, but being the spaz I am, I jumped on Pat's lead. So really it's just all his fault.... ;)

The way things look right now, I think Snow is probably the best bet to get the most out of the day - both in terms of proximity/ski time and the opportunity to ski with more AZers. Nice job lining this up, Dave.

Of course, if Magic scores a 24" dump, you know where I'll be... ;)