• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt Snow AZ Southern Outing 2/16

Grassi21

Bad news. I have to bail on Friday's trip. My wife's aunt passed away last night and we have the wake on Friday evening.

Have a great time guys.

Greg

Staff member
Bad news. I have to bail on Friday's trip. My wife's aunt passed away last night and we have the wake on Friday evening.

Have a great time guys.

Sorry to hear about your loss. There will be other times. Family first.

Grassi21

Sorry to hear about your loss. There will be other times. Family first.

Always family first.

I'll still get a task of Mt. Snow on Sunday and maybe Monday. I hope hope the skier traffic on Saturday is light. :roll:

reefer

Too good to be true............Just checked and Summit Express and North Face are on wind hold! (sucks for them today but great for us tomorrow). You can't beleive what I left there yesterday! If they don't let them on th North Face today we are Golden, I mean it will be great anyway, but the North Face is epic!........ it was snowing like hell at last lift and there was knee deep left out there already! The woods are knee to thigh. It was too tough for me...... I need a couple trail blazers to go in there first. I got to see if my pictures came out (camera kept freezing) and I'll post a report later. See ya's tomorrow!

Last edited:

Greg

Staff member
Too could to be true............Just checked and Summit Express and North Face are on wind hold! (sucks for them today but great for us tomorrow). You can't beleive what I left there yesterday! If they don't let them on th North Face today we are Golden, I mean it will be great anyway, but the North Face is epic!........ it was snowing like hell at last lift and there was knee deep left out there already! The woods are knee to thigh. It was too tough for me...... I need a couple trail blazers to go in there first. I got to see if my pictures came out (camera kept freezing) and I'll post a report later. See ya's tomorrow!

Nice! It didn't even occur to me that there might be a wind hold today. Hope that's not the case tomorrow. What's the final measurement?

reefer

I guess 18-24. But it is more like 6-36. You can't beleive some of the drifts that were forming..........

Greg

Staff member
More media to get you all psyched for tomorrow:

2knees

should we have a backup meeting place in case summit lifts are on windhold?

Greg

Staff member
I'm going to be spending the bulk of my day in those glades.

I'll dip into some of the low angle trees tomorrow. I plan to hit TNF first thing and grab a few natural snow runs there before the meet-up. I haven't been on trails like Plummet, PDF, Jaws of Death in 10+ years. Would like to lap Beartrap 2 or 3 times. Never done Ripcord so I gotta hit that too. I'm gonna back pack it and take my lunch with me I think. Gonna be a 9-4 day for sure. Doubt I'm gonna want to stop.

should we have a backup meeting place in case summit lifts are on windhold?

Bite your tongue! But yeah - probably a good idea...

bvibert

Staff member
I'll dip into some of the low angle trees tomorrow. I plan to hit TNF first thing and grab a few natural snow runs there before the meet-up. I haven't been on trails like Plummet, PDF, Jaws of Death in 10+ years. Would like to lap Beartrap 2 or 3 times. Never done Ripcord so I gotta hit that too. I'm gonna back pack it and take my lunch with me I think. Gonna be a 9-4 day for sure. Doubt I'm gonna want to stop.
I'd like to try out some of the lower angle trees myself. I'm planning on packing up a lunch tonight to have in my pack tomorrow... :)

Bite your tongue! But yeah - probably a good idea...

As we learned at Hunter Friday.. The summit isn't always the best meet-up spot, especially when it's cold and windy. ;) Hopefully no wind-holds tomorrow!!

I'll have my radio with me set to 3-13 if needed...

2knees

no radio here. i'll just suggest the clock tower at 10:00. on the side facing the mtn, not the base area.

Grassi21

Only if the summit lifts are on wind-hold?

Yes, wind-holds all day today, tomorrow, and Saturday. ;-) Kidding of course. I'll be hitting Snow on Sunday. With no pow experience I won't know what I'm missing today and tomorrow. Have a blast guys!

Here is a question for the CT crew. I will be crashing Saturday in West Dover. Sunday night we are staying about 30 minutes south of Mt. Snow in VT close to the MA border. I will be skiing Snow on Sunday with friends. But here is the question, should I ski Snow again on Monday or try to hit something like BEast on the way home? The Cat is further out of the way but I have the pass and will be heading home anyway. The Cat reported 16" of snow fall.