• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MRG and the Bush 3/13 - 3/14

2knees

Left hartford at 6:30 thursday morning and got to Mad River at noon. Yeah, the roads sucked big time. Rode the double for a while since the single line was pretty crazy. Everything was in play. Eventually moved over to the single and hit catamount bowl down to antelope then a catamount to lynx with some woods thrown in. Probably took 6 runs off double and i think 3 off single and that was all my legs could handle. It was slabby in spots but truly a top 5 day for me all time.

Friday we went to South first. Heavens Gate didnt run thursday so the idea was obvious. Problem was it didnt really run friday too well either. Hit the mall, not impressed till the bottom, wind scoured up top. Rumble was fantastic but the line for castlerock when we got down had curved back toward the bridge! North never opened thursday so we hit the slide brook and skied there the rest of the day. North was incredible. Everything was just pure white gold. I have some pics i'll put in here later but i'm off to sundown for their bump comp. My legs hate me and i honestly don't know how i'm going to do this.

I only have two pics from MRG. It was bananas cold out and my phone died almost immediately. Not that i was going to stop and take too many pics on a day like that anyway. And just once, I'd like to get to rumble before the main entrance is shot. I wanted to huck the little cliff but it was already down to ice and rock. Ladies tee from now on.

Last edited:

rocks860

Think im gonna head up to the bush from the Hartford area this Saturday. Was up there for a week at the end of January but of course it started snowing the week after I left. Cant pass up that much snow

2knees

Think im gonna head up to the bush from the Hartford area this Saturday. Was up there for a week at the end of January but of course it started snowing the week after I left. Cant pass up that much snow

you should be able to make that drive in less then the 5 1/2 hours it took us.

rocks860

Anyone ski there today? Someone on another board I post on said all traces of the snow are gone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Euler

Anyone ski there today? Someone on another board I post on said all traces of the snow are gone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe most untracked powder is gone. There's gonna be snow up there for months! Since the big storm last week, I think it's been consistently cold with several small refresher snowfalls thrown in. I haven't been up myself, but I would if I could...everything points to conditions remaining outstanding in the MRV.

polski

Website
twitter.com
There was a huge crowd Thursday and trails got tracked out quickly; woods somewhat less so. Also, it went above freezing Saturday on roughly the lower third of the mountain (below the Single midstation and top of Sunnyside) so although there was more snow Saturday night and lighter crowds Sunday, there was a crunchiness underneath at lower elevations. Still some deep if chopped up snow to be found in woods high up as of yesterday; trails were starting to become more technical.

More cold and snow in the forecast per Single Chair Weather Blog - setting up for a great spring.