• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

March 23 Sat and Sunday weather this week questions and answers needed

Cornhead

Awesome, I met up with Cornhead and abc, we went pretty much until last chair. What did you decide on for tomorrow? A friend told me Jay was great today.

Nice to meet you, glad you got to hit Chin Clip, can't imagine it skiing better than yesterday. Billski, I PM'd you my mumber, abc and I will be at Stowe again tomorrow. Give me a holler if you'd like to share some turns. My left knee is a little tender after yesterday, hopefully it can take one more day of abuse.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

BenedictGomez

Your very lucky. Should be great for you this weekend!!

Home now, but in a word, Friday and Saturday were "Amazing". Like skiing in the west the woods were so deep. The back bowls off Sterling Pond were super fun, but the truth is that hike wasnt even necessary given how awesome the on map woods were. Wish I didnt have to come back, but bills must be paid. :(

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Epic guys. Epic. Each day just got better and better. But my old bones got more and more tired each day. It's not supposed to work that way! I ended up at JP today. Unbelieveable - no lines at JP. Yet another day with no time to rest just burns me up. Yesterday we did the Bruce - more powder heaven, and Friday the Bush had snow that just kept on giving. I have some awesome photos but I'm about to collapse from sore muscles and a 3.5 hour drive home.. God, it sure is depresssing around here - brown and mud. I'll do TR's on Monday.

word to the wise. Northern VT will stay below freezing this week, so make up any sort of fiction you need to to get up there. When they say mid winter, they mean just that in every way.

abc

No line at Stowe today either. And tons of snow everywhere (got 2" overnight on top of the 3" during the day yesterday).

Ended the day with a short hike with cornhead, was rewarded with a short but sweet powder field. Have picture but will only post in a couple days.

Wish I could stay another day (better yet, two days). But even as it is, I'm going to have to pay for my fun of the last few days by working my @rss off for the next few days, or I won't have a job to come back to!

WinnChill

You won't believe this, but we were at JP this weekend too Bill! It was for my son's hockey tournament but I snuck out for a couple hours in between games on Saturday when it got kinda blizzardy. Time would allow only 4 runs but I'll take it. Sorry I didn't coordinate beforehand but didn't know you were there til now. BTW, my workload lightened up slightly so I should have more time to catch up. Hope everyone has had a great season!

fbrissette

Epic guys. Epic. Each day just got better and better. But my old bones got more and more tired each day. It's not supposed to work that way! I ended up at JP today. Unbelieveable - no lines at JP. Yet another day with no time to rest just burns me up. Yesterday we did the Bruce - more powder heaven, and Friday the Bush had snow that just kept on giving. I have some awesome photos but I'm about to collapse from sore muscles and a 3.5 hour drive home.. God, it sure is depresssing around here - brown and mud. I'll do TR's on Monday.

word to the wise. Northern VT will stay below freezing this week, so make up any sort of fiction you need to to get up there. When they say mid winter, they mean just that in every way.

This was definitely the best week-end this year and one of the best in a long time. Fantastic conditions just about everywhere, inbound and out of bound. BTW billski, there are hardly any lines at Jay outside of Saturday with the exception of the tram.

Here's a 40 second sample of this weekend deep conditions in Jay's slackcountry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onlyhzzGTq4

BenedictGomez

Each day just got better and better. But my old bones got more and more tired each day.

My body basically broke down 1/2-way through day two. My legs refused to make turns in steep glades anymore, relegating me to on-piste terrain and low-angle blue glades. Perhaps it is that I'm getting old, but I think the fact that I'm just not used to skiing in knee to waist (literally) deep in spots snow played a big part in it.

MadMadWorld

Made a day trip to Magic on Sunday and though it wasn't powder the skiing was just fantastic. Not bony at all even in the sketchiest lines. No matter where you went this weekend the skiing was great

hammer

Missed the untracked by a day but Loon was mid-winter conditions on Friday. Never thought I'd have to wear a face mask at the end of March. Only mystery was seeing ropes at the entrances to a few glades even though the claim was that they were 100% open. If I were on my own I would have hit more of the ungroomed.

Pretty likely that this was my last trip of the season (can't neglect house and yard projects any longer) but it was a good way to finish it off. Hopefully there will be plenty of snow left for several weeks even if there is a transition to spring conditions.