• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Berkshire East: Sweet!

Sum1

Berkshire East: Charlemont, MA
3/16/2014

I was delayed getting out of the house Sunday morning to run up to VT and decided to try something new.
So glad I did - Be-East.

Easy going, felt like I got invited into someone's neighborhood.
No lift lines all day.
No parking hassles.
$60 ticket - compared to Killington's, I believe $88 weekend rate.
Had a beer at lunch in their new Bar/Lounge -- real nice space and slope-side window view.

Was hoping Grizzly still had cover, but no go - definite melted crust with scruff popping through.
Everything was pretty icy and firm in the early morning start, but the skies cleared by mid-morning and there was just enough fluff on crust to enjoy almost everything but the glades.

Mohawk
The Chute
Big Chief
Flying Cloud
Competition
Minnie Dole
UMASS
Exhibition
Hemlock

The temps, sun, and cover, were just right on all of'em, all day.
By afternoon there was some scraped off boiler plate on Competition due to GS/Slalom practice groove, but no biggie.

It's really too bad the most recent storm past North of them; certainly would've made Liftline, Grizzly, and the Glades come alive.

So glad I spent the day there and enjoyed a very special spot in the Berkshires.