• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Resort Closings 2014

Vortex

I was at Wildcat on Sat with Terry. It was ncp up to tower 4, mix to from tower 4 to 8, after that it was snowing pretty hard. The lower mountain was much better. I had a great day Went 9 till 1. Surprised how many runs we got in. We were soaked by mid day. Plan is to go to the loaf for the weekend, but if plans change I will go back to the cat. Worth the trip.

Last edited:

Cornhead

It'll be interesting to see who, if any, survive the predicted deluge this week. I pray the Susquehanna stays within its banks, paid my flooding dues, twice.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

steamboat1

With the Loaf announcing closing this weekend & Jay saying they'll operate to Mothers Day (the following weekend) I think it's a pretty sure bet that Killington will be the last man standing. Of course that would only be true if they open the weekend after Mothers Day as it's rumored they'll be going Fri.-Sun. only after this coming weekend.

dlague

With the Loaf announcing closing this weekend & Jay saying they'll operate to Mothers Day (the following weekend) I think it's a pretty sure bet that Killington will be the last man standing. Of course that would only be true if they open the weekend after Mothers Day as it's rumored they'll be going Fri.-Sun. only after this coming weekend.

I am sure that K town will continue just because! I am pretty sure Jay could but - they are probably wanting to switch to summer operations.

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Monday morning "who's left" list. A possible 8 for this weekend. 4 in Quebec and 5 in New England. 3 open daily, 3 maybe for the weekend, 3 looking beyond this weekend.

May Skiing : Eastern Closing Thread 2013-14 Part 5
8http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2014/04/28/may-skiing-eastern-closing-thread-2013-14-part-5/

I just updated the blog post. The number is down to 7 hoping to open this weekend.

First word from one of the three tentatives for the weekend. Weather is pretty wet for the next few days. Wildcat will not reopen this weekend and are done for the season. News on a confirmation (or not) on Sugarbush and Sutton might happen later today.

Last edited:

skiur

K will be operating FRI-SUN only starting tomorrow. Too bad cause next week is a really nice looking forecast, Last year they didnt end mid week until the middle of May.

yeggous

Wildcat threw in the towel. They will not open this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

dlague

I just updated the blog post. The number is down to 7 hoping to open this weekend.

First word from one of the three tentatives for the weekend. Weather is pretty wet for the next few days. Wildcat will not reopen this weekend and are done for the season. News on a confirmation (or not) on Sugarbush and Sutton might happen later today.

Wildcat threw in the towel. They will not open this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

That what I said about 3 hours earlier. ;)

Yup you did! Unfortunately is was included with other things and they probably focused on the open part! :beer:

SIKSKIER

Sugarbush will open this weekend.$50 lift ticket will include a round of golf.$50 golf round will include a lift ticket.Bring all your toys,girls and boys.

steamboat1

There is no lift serviced skiing in New England this week until Fri.

Killington re-opens Fri.(hasn't announced a closing date), Jay re-opens Sat. & will close for the season Sun.

(conditions permitting of course)

Last edited:

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
There is no lift serviced skiing in New England this week until Fri.

Killington re-opens Fri.(hasn't announced a closing date), Jay re-opens Sat. & will close for the season Sun.

(conditions permitting of course)

Yep, I saw that yesterday on their site. It is that time again....what are my options for next weekend?

Oh Mother!!! The sun is out after a gray and wet weekend.

No liftserved midweek for the public. (the lift is spinning at MSS everyday for a ski camp)

Jay and MSS are weekends only and done on Mothers' Day.
Kmart - Fri-Sun as long as possible.

Oh Mother !!! Eastern Closing Thread 2013-14 Part 6
http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2014/05/05/oh-mother-eastern-closing-thread-2013-14-part-6/

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
What a great weekend!!!

Who is hanging on?
Who is over?

MSS and Jay said they were done. A couple of feet (5-8') of base left at MSS and they could probably push for an extra weekend like they did last season, however the skiers haven't showed up much with the iffy weather on most weekends this Spring.

Killington said it was going as long as snow. Will they make it to June? I personally think it is a long shot (5%), slightly over 50% for Memorial day weekend.

Hang Over !!! Eastern Closing Thread 2013-14 – Part 7
http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2014/05/12/hang-over-eastern-closing-thread-2013-14-part-7/

pcampbell

In a no-ski funk. I rode my bike half way up Mt Ellen yesterday. It wasn't that fun. Plenty of snow up top but you will be hiking quite a bit to ski it.

dlague

What a great weekend!!!

Who is hanging on?
Who is over?

MSS and Jay said they were done. A couple of feet (5-8') of base left at MSS and they could probably push for an extra weekend like they did last season, however the skiers haven't showed up much with the iffy weather on most weekends this Spring.

Killington said it was going as long as snow. Will they make it to June? I personally think it is a long shot (5%), slightly over 50% for Memorial day weekend.

Hang Over !!! Eastern Closing Thread 2013-14 – Part 7
http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2014/05/12/hang-over-eastern-closing-thread-2013-14-part-7/

Well we were there for Jay Peaks last day, while some of the best weather arrived after we left - it was fun to get the turns in! Man, I love this sport!

We are anticipating a Killington trip this weekend - potentially Saturday.