• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Resort Closings 2014

Rambo

This weeks colder nightime temperatures will hold the machine made bases easily this week. So many areas like Mount Snow, Hunter, Okemo, Stratton... etc. are closed with deep bases on several of their trails. Closed from lack of skiers, not a lack of snow base.

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
fbrissette
We will likely lose all natural-snow runs this week. No more glades.

A lot of snow was lost early in the week, but them got a reprieve, however Jay definitely lost some snow during my stay (Saturday to Easter Monday). However a few natural snow trails and glades should survive. It all depends on orientation, elevation and this week’s weather.

abc
What about the Canadian mountains? Any left?

MadMadWorld
Mont Sainte-Anne and Saint-Sauveur have one more weekend left in them

I’ve got back real late night, especially after my kids shutdown the Waterpark. I just went through the ski areas and I have posted a new list for potential ski areas for next weekend.

Although none of the Eastern Canadian ski areas (6 in Quebec and 1 in Ontario) wil open midweek, 7 of them are looking to open next weekend ... and some are openly looking into May.

St-Sauveur is openly talking Mothers’ Day and has definitely more than one weekend left.
Ste-Anne (liek Tremblant) is on a fixed scheduled regardless of the amount of snow left.
Other than Mont Sutton, the next 3 Quebec ski areas are remote local areas.

Anyhow, without further ado, here is this week’s list:

The Day After Easter Monday – Eastern Closing Thread 2013-14 Part4
http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2014...-monday-eastern-closing-thread-2013-14-part4/

yeggous

Wildcat just announced via twitter that they are going to open this weekend. Rates and terrain TBA.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

dlague

Rain or snow this weekend?

We of course there will be! I was just looking at the forecasts for Killington and Jay and rain is predicted for Saturday (the day that I can go). However, amounts are not that high and they are scattered throughout the day - so not a whole day event! Will have to play this one by sight!

Funny how this thread turned into a what is still open thread!

dlague

:) Not unexpected at all though. Who cares what's closed? We're really only interested in what's still open!

(I admit being a glass-half-full kind of person)

Hell I am ok with it! Makes it easier to figure out where i want to go.

〽❄❅

- forecasts for Killington and Jay and rain is predicted for Saturday (the day that I can go). However, amounts are not that high and they are scattered throughout the day -
Several forecast have been showing snow Sat night at Jay, Sunday could be nice??

yeggous

Wildcat is now talking about opening closing weekdays next week and reopening for the weekend of May 3. I'm not sure I believe them but I am hopeful.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

deadheadskier

Staff member
Wildcat is now talking about opening closing weekdays next week and reopening for the weekend of May 3. I'm not sure I believe them but I am hopeful.

Need all the good will they can get going into season pass sale weekend. I can't make it this weekend, but if they are open the following weekend, I can swing Sunday the 4th.

Quietman

Pic from 4/12

I took a break from last weekend as I was happy to spend a day at Cannon with Puck it and PDMROMA, but hit Crotch for one more tonight (and probably the last hike and ski of the season.) I was still able to ski 70% of the way down, really enjoyed it, and caught a nice sunset. If I can't make it up again tomorrow, Saturday's rain will finish it off. Not as good as last year's hike to ski season , but still a blast. Base shot 4/24

Crotch12.JPG

Plutos

Crotch13.JPG

Sunset

Crotch14.JPG

Last tracks

Crotch14last.JPG