• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Resort Closings 2014

dlague

Wow check this out!

New Hampshire Closed or Temporarily Closed
Black Mountain
Cranmore Mountain Resort
Crotched Mountain
Dartmouth Skiway
Granite Gorge
Gunstock
King Pine
Pats Peak
Ragged Mountain Resort
Whaleback Mountain

Vermont Closed or Temporarily Closed
Magic Mountain
Pico Mountain
Suicide Six

New York Closed or Temporarily Closed

Brantling Ski Slopes
Buffalo Ski Club Ski Area
Catamount
Dry Hill Ski Area
Hickory Ski Center
Holiday Mountain
Hunt Hollow Ski Club
Kissing Bridge
Oak Mountain
Plattekill Mountain
Snow Ridge
Song Mountain
Swain
Thunder Ridge
Titus Mountain
Toggenburg Mountain
Tuxedo Ridge at Sterling Forest
West Mountain
Willard Mountain
Windham Mountain
Woods Valley Ski Area

Mass

Jiminy Peak only left open

Maine

Sugarloaf and Sunday River only left open

xwhaler

Wow check this out!

Maine

Sugarloaf and Sunday River only left open

Saddleback is closed midweek but running wknds through 4/20....they are 100% open up there and I bet have some of the best conditions in New England right now.

BenedictGomez

That's crap on Smuggs! They are confusing people with wording and their staff - they planned on keeping the Sterling side open until the 20th all along and now they put out messages that give the appearance of more! BenedictGomez you are right about that! And you are right about skiing just Sterling - why bother!

Oh well.... Smuggs was my first choice for a 4/12 Easter week vacation, but I'm sure Jay peak or Stowe will be happy to take my money.

shutupandtakemymoney_zps3bbbd52e.jpeg

nlmasopust

there's always South America ya'll!

Japan. Skied Hakkoda May 5-8 in 2013, there was still 6-8' of base even at the base of the tramway. Even got about 4" of snow at upper elevations one morning.

And you can actually see where you're going most of the time in the spring there... winter can get pretty ugly apparently despite the ridiculous amount of snow.

MidnightJester

little more then 2 weeks from now you will have to go west for any major full mountain riding. Colorado seems to still be getting blasted ontop of their base this season. South and Mid VT are on Last legs. North VT has a chance to go a little longer but will lose lifts and territory fast

MidnightJester

Planning a North VT. 5th & 6th Jaypeak Sat run and Sunday at Stowe this weekend before return trip to Mid Long Island. Last def 100% open mountain weekend I can foresee. Could be another weekend like it same places the 12th & 13th but they are hanging on.

pcampbell

There is plenty of snow left right now. it is matter of how long it lasts.

I'd guess Sugarbush will be open through Easter easily.

4aprice

That's a damn shame then

In some senses yes, in some senses no its not. There's still plenty of lift served skiing to be had. An area closing for the season with 100% open probably considers it a success. Happens in Colorado all the time doesn't it? (Government even forces it on some) Seasonal businesses use a calendar.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

dlague

Wonder if any areas are closing while 100% open

Quite a few I hate to say! Unfortunately, it is about low skier visits and managing costs and not so much about percent of terrain available! The resorts that have staying power are the reports that are hanging in there for marketing purposes and reputation!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

In Eastern PA everything is closed midweek. As for weekends, 4/6 is the last day for Big Boulder and Blue, 4/13 is the last day for Camelback.