• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

whats up with these go pro videos

makado420

Have u guys ever seen a real pov what some shit from out west

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

makado420

All the major ski film use pov still in there videos u just can't can't make a whole pov movie

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Skiing POV's (although 99% are lame) can be cool. Like others have said, you can see the gnarly bowls and cliffs out west.

It's cool to see what you've done. Not just the night you get back from a long day of skiing, but 10 or 20 years down the road when you'll say, "Damn, my knee hurts just looking at that" or "I sucked then" or "I couldn't ski that line for my life now".

Besides, it's been fun playing with the camera... see my Ski Boot Cam thread a few pages back.

emmaurice2

I like POV of good skiers on interesting terrain, it's the pole mount vids I can't stand. My SO wants me to get a cam so he can ski vicariously through me, since he can no longer ski.

carbonXshell

Website
vimeo.com
, it's the pole mount vids I can't stand.
I've taken my share of lame pov's over the years so I switched to the pole mount for a different look. I'm nearing 50 and think it's cool seeing myself on camera still skiing half way decent. Here's a couple from a recent trip to Targhee and JH. I added some music to drown out those weird noises from the gopro mic.

emmaurice2

I've taken my share of lame pov's over the years so I switched to the pole mount for a different look. I'm nearing 50 and think it's cool seeing myself on camera still skiing half way decent. Here's a couple from a recent trip to Targhee and JH. I added some music to drown out those weird noises from the gopro mic.

Nice skiing and you can't beat the scenery!

As a viewer, I feel like I'm going downhill backward without knowing what is happening behind me, which is what I find unsettling.

Scruffy

When were you there? I just did JHole and Targhee last week of Feb. Caught a 19 inch dump first day at JH. Tower three chute skied awesomely , Alta chutes were rocking too.

2knees

nice work

on another note, I have had at least 3 of the neighborhood moms ask me where you are. You were very popular on our route! :lol: :razz:

carbonXshell

Website
vimeo.com
Nice skiing and you can't beat the scenery!

As a viewer, I feel like I'm going downhill backward without knowing what is happening behind me, which is what I find unsettling.
Thanks. It was a beautiful day at Targhee once the sun broke through. You couldn't see nothing in the morning. They sprinkled small pieces of pine branches on some of the trails so you could find your way.

carbonXshell

Website
vimeo.com
When were you there? I just did JHole and Targhee last week of Feb. Caught a 19 inch dump first day at JH. Tower three chute skied awesomely , Alta chutes were rocking too.
We were there the same week, skiing was great. The airport closed after we landed on the 22nd and it was dumping again when we left the following Saturday. Took us an extra day to get home cuz of it.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I like 'em but it depends on your use. When I shoot gopro I take bits and clips here adn there and put it together with music to make it significantly less boring than just me sitting on the lift then scooting down a green.

That said, it's like anything else. It's more entertaining to the person who did the run than anyone else. Like pictures of my kids. I have thousands already. No one else cares except for me and my family.

SIKSKIER

Gopro voyeur?Be carefull with your GP.So my sisters boyfriend is at Cannon Saturday and has his gopro on taking some video.When he finishes skiing he flips his facing downThat night they connect it to the tv to see what he has..A group of 6 are watching the raw video and he says it looks like I didn't turn it off.And then there he is pulling out his junk at the urinal and the guy next to him in view also.Quite the laugh fest for those watching.

C-Rex

As someone else said, I use mine more to pull stills from the footage. It's great for getting good actions shots. Other than that I just use it in the trees or park, or if I'm doing a really gnarly run. Crashes are really the best footage.

dlague

Gopro voyeur?Be carefull with your GP.So my sisters boyfriend is at Cannon Saturday and has his gopro on taking some video.When he finishes skiing he flips his facing downThat night they connect it to the tv to see what he has..A group of 6 are watching the raw video and he says it looks like I didn't turn it off.And then there he is pulling out his junk at the urinal and the guy next to him in view also.Quite the laugh fest for those watching.

Holy shit! LMAO!