• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Burn all your old skis, farm animals, and virgins...

gladerider

just heard this storm is shaping up for real.
saying that it would be a Tuesday evening event for NJ.

catsup948

Some models are sending decent precipitation back to albany. Even 6 inches here would be great!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Wavewheeler

Send it north!

PLEASE!!! The last thing we need in NJ is a major snowstorm! Poconos might get something out of this.

Now it'showing a blizzard for eastern NE on Tuesday-wed. I'm hoping it will miss NJ entirely and just dump all over the Cats and New England.

Driving home last Friday it was amazing how the snow line just STOPPED south of Glen Falls, NY. Glad I went to Vermont, where winter still reigns supreme.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

The lack of any updates here has me very concerned ...

There never was a legitimate storm threat for New England ski areas sans perhaps Maine. Anything else is/was another example of the ridiculous snowstorm hype that is plaguing social media the last year or so. The models have all been very progressive and OTS for several days now, meaning the 95 cities should get far more snow than ski country. A MAJOR shift would have to occur, and it better happen 00z.

steamboat1

Well during all this hype for the mid-week storm this week central & especially northern New England accumulated quite a bit of snow this past week/weekend without any hype. Keeping it on the down low is fine by me.

catsup948

This is a major whiff. What a waste of a great storm. Cape Cod may get in the game with some serious wind and blowing snow. Newfoundland may be the place to he for this one or Greenland!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk