• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

5 reasons why skiing in North Korea might secretly be awesome

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Oooh, I think I like NK's educational system:
"All North Korean students above 14 are required to join the “Youth Red Guard.” In summer, students throw hand grenades and run obstacle courses as part of their military physical education sessions, and in winter they ski and skate"
I always wanted to throw grenades when I was 14!

http://www.dailynk.com/english/read.php?cataId=nk01501&num=11572

but,

"However, skiing as both an act of military preparedness and loyalty to the state comes at a cost, since protective equipment remains in short supply. “From middle school we goskiing on the orders of the authorities, which causes accidents big and small because we do it without protective gear. This has caused deaths,” Kang notes."

jaysunn

skiNEwhere

Because you can ski with Dennis Rodman

Edit : just noticed double post. Mods feel free to delete

legalskier

Be careful if you plan to ski there- N.K. just declared Seth Rogan's new film "an act of war."

North Korea: Seth Rogen and James Franco comedy film a ‘wanton act of terror’
'“The act of making and screening such a movie that portrays an attack on our top leadership… is a most wanton act of terror and act of war, and is absolutely intolerable,” the spokesman said.'

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/06/...es-franco-comedy-film-a-wanton-act-of-terror/

:spin: :spin: :spin:

Domeskier

Be careful if you plan to ski there- N.K. just declared Seth Rogan's new film "an act of war."

North Korea: Seth Rogen and James Franco comedy film a ‘wanton act of terror’
'“The act of making and screening such a movie that portrays an attack on our top leadership… is a most wanton act of terror and act of war, and is absolutely intolerable,” the spokesman said.'

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/06/...es-franco-comedy-film-a-wanton-act-of-terror/

:spin: :spin: :spin:

Kim Jong Eun needs to convert to Islam before threats like this are taken seriously.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
close you win Sctty million dollars in free lift cickets. Actuallly my cousin GF is from S K.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume he means lift crickets since he's out of work and clearly doesn't have a million dollars worth of lift tickets to give away. Are lift crickets expensive?

ScottySkis

Because you can ski with Dennis Rodman

Edit : just noticed double post. Mods feel free to delete

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume he means lift crickets since he's out of work and clearly doesn't have a million dollars worth of lift tickets to give away. Are lift crickets expensive?

I posted that in March when i still had a jib. Lost tje job on May 30.po