• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak GoPro Montage - Skiing the Ridge, "The Saddle", "The Pumphouse" and more BC

M4TTYICE

Jay Peak GoPro Montage - Skiing the Ridge, "The Saddle", "The Pumphouse" and more BC

Hey Guys,

This is my first post back on Alpine Zone this season. I hope to make it back here more often, I've just been pretty busy with school. Anyways, I wanted to share this with you guys...it's a GoPro video I made of me doing some Jay Peak backcountry. I went on this trip during the last weekend of February and the conditions were amazing. I skied trails off the ridge locally known as "The Saddle" and "The Pumphouse."

Anyways, I'd definitely like to hear your thoughts and I hope you enjoy the montage :)

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJyM2Ost370

-Matt

WWF-VT

I'm glad to see that you had fun but it's just another shining example of why GoPro videos suck

skiNEwhere

Cool video! Although I don't know if I would call that glade skiing, more like skiing a narrow trail through the trees. Either way, definitely look like pretty tight conditions. Didn't seem like you could really deviate from that path.

I bet if you were to have posted this video, in say, August, you would get much different responses since everyone would be craving some pow

.squirrely.

wouldnt call pumphouse and the ridge backcountry seeing as you ride a tram to get there

skiNEwhere

Jay Peak GoPro Montage - Skiing the Ridge, "The Saddle", "The Pumphouse" and ...

anyone else notice that some people who never post on AZ are logging on just to criticize? :/

anyone else notice that some people who never post on AZ are logging on just to criticize? :/

Haters-Gonna-Hate.jgp_.jpg

M4TTYICE

Thanks for all of the feedback guys! Sorry for just responding now. Yes, Tin and Kelly, I unfortunately did have to ski alone on this trip. I went with my college's outing club and no one that I skied with wanted to do glades...they all wanted to do blues. And at Jay, c'mon you gotta do some glades! So I chose to ski alone...not the wisest choice but I'm in control for the most part and generally know my limits.

Also, it seems like we do have some haters with the POV and everything. I personally think the POV I had is about as good as you're gonna get, but as spring_mountain_high pointed out, haters gonna hate!

Lastly, the Jay terrain is pretty well know and it's not like I even show how to get there or anything...just saying.

All in all, thanks for checking out the video and I appreciate all of your feedback :)

-Matt

MadMadWorld

Why wouldn't you just use the stairs instead of hurling your skis over those rocks and climbing up? Seems like a lot of work for nothing