• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

My new skis

snoseek

Also mishka you should take a look at the dsender model(flat tail). I do like things about this ski. Obviously some changes like zero camber and such

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

snoseek

Lg...thanks

snoseek

Yeah that part would work for the second pair

mishka

For Puck it

Design in dimensions you asked. However turn radius of 17 m impossible to have with this dimensions unless to have progressive sidecut into the tip rocker and include section of the rocker into side cut. 20% rocker is about 300 mm similar rocker profile I build before.

So here how skis will looks like

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 94

Puck it

For Puck it

Design in dimensions you asked. However turn radius of 17 m impossible to have with this dimensions unless to have progressive sidecut into the tip rocker and include section of the rocker into side cut. 20% rocker is about 300 mm similar rocker profile I build before.

So here how skis will looks like
i need to check the dimension again.

mishka

Dimensions can be misleading sometimes. Especially with the rocker/camber/ rocker profile. Even worse with reverse camber because technically speaking there is no turning radius. Basically rocker throwing monkey wrench in traditional ski dimension measurements lol

mishka

Snoseek

just a thought you might consider. 100 % carbon construction for your skis. My current skis construction, yours included, fiberglass/carbon fiber "hybrid" construction. CF will reduce weight and eliminate need for graphics ....among other benefits

prsboogie

I had the pleasure of getting my first day on skis this season with Mishka and his MR Custom skis. We spent the better part on the day at Wawa and their 2 from the top run that were in better than expected condition but not much different than would be expected for lower New England skiing in this current weather patterns. Most runs were edge-able with glacial ice underneath.

Enough about that. I started the day on the MR110 185 which are beautifully made. They have a great tip to tail flex that is firm but not plank-like and very consistent. Tip has a nice 5 point design. The bases are as you would expect and they have 4 piece edges wrapping the entire ski. The sidewalls are solid wood, a very nice looking black locust. The tops are Mishka's design, cotton fabric with a top coat that is completely refinish-able. This sounded a little odd to me at first but once you have him explain it, it really is genius, ski the crap out of them, then bring them back to have a refinish and bingo a brand new looking set of sticks. Ok, so I click in after some readjusting of the demo clamps, a must according to Mishka, and immediately I can feel how balances and remarkable light these feel. I would say weight wise similar to the Nordica Vagabonds in a 185 (107mm waist) but stiffer flex. First run was down Conifer's Connection, groomed and firm as I had explained. These skis railed! They carved, they went flat out, slarved when I wanted and at no time did I feel out of control. They has a 350mm low-rise rocker and I had no problem with chatter. Second run or 10th was exactly the same. Confidence and care free the whole way down. We took a couple more runs before we switched out to the MR 80 in a 177.

The MR 80 is a racers dream, race breed camber with stiff flex ( way stiffer than the 110 - which should be expected) but again smooth throughout the ski, a more blunted tip with consistent side-cut from about 200mm back and ever-so-slightly turned up tail (and slightly flared - if that would be the correct term). The ski wants to be up on edge and going fast. The skis are, in my opinion way to short for me being 6'3". That said after getting used to the aggressive stance needed to drive these and being a little short, I could carve and hold an edge on anything the trails offered. The tails kicked my ass a few times for being lazy and back seating, but I can't blame them, I wouldn't want me sitting on them either!! ;-) I am by no means a racer, ex-racer or want-to-be racer so not exactly the style I would want, but I can appreciate the design and quality of the skis. All of Mishka's skis are of the same ilk, standard ptex base, 2mm steel 4 piece edge, solid wood side walls and a cotton top sheet with top coat.

Last ski of the day and tied for favorite for me is his MR 87 in a 177, similar design and shape as the 110, with a radius between the 80-110 models, low rocker (can't remember how far from the tip right now) and a flat tail. The 87 and the 110 both are flat under foot. Construction is the same, light, firm and confident building. These had a nice blend of relaxed and aggressive. They can be driven hard or you can be lazy (or weak legged in my case) and they won't punish you. They again felt a little short for me but Mishka assures me the running effective edge is the same as the 110s. He built them and I am quite sure he knows what he is talking about.

I would recommend that if you haven't had a chance to ski with Mishka and try out his skis, then do so. I haven't skied anything better and I have definitely skied worst. He is a great wealth of knowledge and is extremely passionate about what he does. I know there are companies who may make a "prettier" ski but there is something to be said for someone who will put passion to make exactly what you want and will built a custom ski that will last years to come.

I would love to see a 95-96 mm 186 cm daily driver with the specs off the 110, it would be a daily, mountain slayer!! I loved the 110 but would like to go to a 190 cm, 112 mm waisted, tip rocker at 400 mm with 150 mm tail rocker "pow and corn" day model to cover my height and cough-cough weight :roll: !! The designs are great and rail like nobody's business!!!

Thanks for smoking my legs Mishka and I look forward to working and skiiing with you soon.

Savemeasammy

Mishka, are the MR80's the skis we had talked about before? I'm curious to try them.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

mishka

yes they are ...welcome to try

MR80 is also relatively stiff skis … Slightly softer compared to MR87 you tried last year but not by much. Performance wise similar to what you expect from skis with metal

Savemeasammy

MR80 is also relatively stiff skis … Slightly softer compared to MR87 you tried last year but not by much. Performance wise similar to what you expect from skis with metal

I'd like to see how a cambered ski of yours performs, since I'm not really into the fully rockered thing....!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

wa-loaf

I'd like to give those MR80s a try one of these days.

wa-loaf

I would love to see a 95-96 mm 186 cm daily driver with the specs off the 110, it would be a daily, mountain slayer!! I loved the 110 but would like to go to a 190 cm, 112 mm waisted, tip rocker at 400 mm with 150 mm tail rocker "pow and corn" day model to cover my height and cough-cough weight :roll:

I'm sure he can make these for you ... :)

mishka

I'd like to see how a cambered ski of yours performs, since I'm not really into the fully rockered thing....!

can be arranged.... btw Tin will be at Cannon tomorrow with 110

I'd like to give those MR80s a try one of these days.

you still racing on Thursday nights at wawa? I can come up one of those days or we can easily make different arrangements.... you not too far from me.:lol:

wa-loaf

you still racing on Thursday nights at wawa? I can come up one of those days or we can easily make different arrangements.... you not too far from me.:lol:

Yup, I'll be up every Thursday and can fit a few runs in on whatever you bring up.