• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

My new skis

mishka

I don't have enough research for best binding position for different people on my skis.
Current position is BOF at center of the running length -2 cm based on my boat size. Wish I could go further back but now that's required binding be reinstalled, will do it for next season.

no adjustment on the guardians? if not will have to based on mine.

Last edited:

Cannonball

I don't have enough research for best binding position for different people on my skis.
Current position is BOF at center of the running length -2 cm based on my boat size. Wish I could go further back but now that's required binding be reinstalled, will do it for next season.

no adjustment on the gardens? if not will have to based on mine.

I skied two of your models. I think your mounting location was just fine. Keep in mind that boot size (i.e. skier size) influence position on a demo binding. Smaller feet/skiers are going to be slightly further forward. So even in a demo binding it will be hard to give every skier every option. Mount them for average size/skier and just let the rest work itself out. You are making a kick-ass, small-scale, local product, don't get hung up on needing to give too many options.

So the real question is....when can I come down and build my skis with you?

snoseek

Yeah, don't overthink this....the ones I skied that day were perfect...however they were mounted

mishka

no such a thing is over-thinking lol

what the distance between screws on guardians (side to side). This important. I want to make sure they go into Maple.

mishka

I skied two of your models. I think your mounting location was just fine. Keep in mind that boot size (i.e. skier size) influence position on a demo binding. Smaller feet/skiers are going to be slightly further forward. So even in a demo binding it will be hard to give every skier every option. Mount them for average size/skier and just let the rest work itself out. You are making a kick-ass, small-scale, local product, don't get hung up on needing to give too many options.

that's exactly what I'm talking about. binding Position worked well for everybody except me. I need little bit more further back.

So the real question is....when can I come down and build my skis with you?

Why I am the last to know?:slap: we need to talk. you got my number ?

mishka

All cleaned up and finished ready for binding. Pair on the right last year MR110 for comparison

3_zps3f864640.jpg

mishka

I was preparing for a shitty day at work but I like to think after seeing this reminder that summer aint forever I'll be just fine

:thumbup: if you are looking for excuse this summer to lock yourself in commercial freezer and do snow dance this would be good one

your skis

cooling off as we speak

snoseek

Oh yes......

PM me when I can get down there for pick up.

If I bring some boots and binding do you have the means to mount?

Cannot wait to get these on steep soft snow!

mishka

almost there.
Applied the final layer of topcoat today. Left one more step run skis through base sander for the first time.
for some reason every picture I make ski looks darker.

13-ss_zps7fe8798d.jpg

snoseek

Look great, ready to mount these up soon...that and get fitted for some new boots. I love years where all my equipment is shiny new!