• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

My new skis

mishka

Wow! Tight radius for a fat ski.

turning radius ## not always represents actual..... Turning radius.
when design skis radius derives from tip and tail numbers in relation to running length. Rocker skis making RL very short. Also if sidecut radius continue into the tip and tale actual radius is much bigger.
Personally 140-xx-140 skis I would make waste at 125 or so.

@ Puck it Do you know weight is per ski or a pair

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

almost there.
Applied the final layer of topcoat today. Left one more step run skis through base sander for the first time.
for some reason every picture I make ski looks darker.

13-ss_zps7fe8798d.jpg

I think it looks awesome that dark. Evil looking (in a good way).

snoseek

Getting excited here. Got a call back on a job in Telluride this winter. These will be perfect there! Want to ski these sooo bad.

snoseek

Drove down for pick up and mounting last nite.....looking at my new skis now, just need snow. Look for reviews as season starts. Can't wait to get em on snow!!!!!

Also, small little factory but damn impressed by ingenuity gone into it. every detail of process scrutinized. Skis built by skiers using quality local materials.....

Last edited:

mishka

I decide to make one more pair of skis MR-87 dedicated as all mountain new England ski. .

dimensions: 119=87=107 R19m 175cm. They are similar to my older design MR86. Main difference MR87 will have beefed-up core for better performance on the groomer and ice. carbon fiber reinforcement to make ski lot more fun. Flat tail and redesigned tip rocker

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 69

twinplanx

Do you have any plans to boost production after getting feedback from the various models? If the cost of a pair of handcrafted skis is comparable to the mass produced big brands, I'd opt for the former...

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

mishka

no I don't have any plans to "boost production"or have any production models. Each pair skis build to its own unique specifications and not intended to be mass-produced.

I'm sorry you don't see value in one-of-a-kind skis compare to mass production. Have you ever tried custom skis? Maybe you don't know what you're missing?

twinplanx

You seem offended by my previous comment. I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. Of course I "see value in one-a-kind skis" No, I have not tried custom skis. Yes, it seems like I am missing out on something very cool...

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

mishka

not offended at all. Possibly misunderstood a little bit:oops:. Ski season just around the corner and everyday I go skiing is R &D and "demo" day:wink: hopefully we can make some turns.

mishka

MR-87 design starting to looks like skis.:cool:

this is only template but it give good idea how ski going to looks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 52