• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

My new skis

wa-loaf

MR-87 design starting to looks like skis.:cool:

this is only template but it give good idea how ski going to looks

Sweet. Hope I can catch up with you sometime this winter to demo a pair of your skis. Seems everyone only has great stuff to say about them.

Puck it

BTW. I am now the R&D department and test pilot for Mad Russian. I have also approved that a tech will be shipped with every ski. This is all based on multiple chair lift board meetings today.

mishka

BTW. I am now the R&D department and test pilot for Mad Russian. I have also approved that a tech will be shipped with every ski. This is all based on multiple chair lift board meetings today.

Tech .... for you R& D department manager. And if you are out West and provide proper facilities for evaluation I'll fly over entire R&D department

Cornhead

I thought each pair come with a tech, and a bottle of vodka. Never mind, they would come with a drunk tech, and an empty vodka bottle. Thanks for the test drive Mishka, the skis reminded me of the Blizzard Brahmas, or was it Bushwacker, whichever one has metal only under foot. They skied great in the soft bumps Wednesday. Wish there were more to try them on.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

mishka

Sweet. Hope I can catch up with you sometime this winter to demo a pair of your skis. Seems everyone only has great stuff to say about them.
I always enjoyed reading your ski reviews.
Hope we can met up somewhere for "demo" day. wawa definitely would be easiest place to schedule this.

mishka

Thanks for the test drive Mishka, the skis reminded me of the Blizzard Brahmas, or was it Bushwacker, whichever one has metal only under foot. They skied great in the soft bumps Wednesday. Wish there were more to try them on.

anytime.:thumbup:

mishka

MR-87 starting to look like skis hopefully will make Them before Thanksgiving

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 88

The Sneak

Yo
Lmk when you guys are gonna meet up at wa wa, I'd like to check out Mishka's skis! Very cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wa-loaf

I always enjoyed reading your ski reviews.
Hope we can met up somewhere for "demo" day. wawa definitely would be easiest place to schedule this.

Yo
Lmk when you guys are gonna meet up at wa wa, I'd like to check out Mishka's skis! Very cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

definitely. Also after Thanksgiving I'll start "R & D and "demo" days" thread at events section

I'll be there every Thursday night starting in January, but hoping to catch up with you at one of the "demo days" up at a real hill. :D

mishka

Pressed MR87 yesterday. Picture taken when skis was hot freshly out of the press. even you can't see skis here and yet a lot more work to be done......I love this moment

3_zpsf06cf50b.jpg

mishka

Very cool. Wish I could have caught the moment

Oh well nothing can we do now. To all honesty I didn't give you enough notice but I didn't know at the time how schedule work out on my part. Will be more eventually. I'm sure you're not going to miss making your skis.

MR87 finished in 7--10 days will be ready for binding and first base sanding.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 96

mishka

moving ahead of "schedule":thumbup: with MR87. Putting final touches today, binding will be installed today. Will get to ski them on Wachusett opening-day tomorrow:snow:

Tin

After realizing we lived a football field away from one another, I was fortunate enough to head up to K with Mishka this past Tuesday and try out the MR87 and MR100. Given the conditions the skis and company were the highlights.

First the MR100. When picking them up after a ride up K1 I was surprised how a ski of similar size to my Line and Volkls could be so light. I have not skied since April and have not been keeping the legs in shape due to a groin injury in hockey but after three runs my legs still felt fresh, I was amazed by this for my first time out. The lightness of the ski really decreases muscle fatigue and not once did I feel "the burn". When skiing I follow a straight line and try not to deviate 2-3' from it on either side, I do not make real turns but rather short stops. The MR100 was very easy to roll over from edge to edge so I could keep skiing this way without tiring out like what would later happen after just a few runs on my Lines. Despite being 100mm waisted I imagine it would run through bumps without exhausting the skier because of the lightness and therefore quickness they can be rolled. The MR100 also had enough "give" to really pop off lips and edges to catch some air, and it came down as easy as my Volkls.

So it's a soft ski for bumps and air? Nope. K offered a hard packed-frozen surface in the North Ridge Area but the MR100 stuck to the surface, and never chattered or skidded when I attempted to maintain control of my speed. It was the best ski I have ever skied on the hard stuff. The first run I prepared to skid or hear that awful noise but it stuck, cut, and allowed my to keep buzzing down. My second run down I had zero fear about cutting on the hard pack.

Another nice feature was the shape of the tip, it was not a big rounded tip like the new models of today but actually narrowed in to create an actual tip. This change allowed for me to really "get on them" at higher speeds without noticing any chatter which I would expect with such a large ski. The narrower tips were also perfect for someone like me who rides with their knees and skis very close together, it makes it more difficult to damage the sides of the top sheet. The tip was also stiff enough to blow through piles of loose granular on the sides of Bittersweet and Skyelark.

I'm really looking forward to trying this ski in fresh stuff and in bumps. For the first time I'm excited for icy bumps because I truly believe this ski will grip and allow me to ski them like never before.

The MR87

By the time I got into the MR87s off the Superstar chair the trails were hard packed/frozen granular with lots of loose granular on the side. I was a little concerned about getting on the 87s because it is the smallest waisted and tipped ski I have been on since really getting back into skiied, but I was to be surprised. The 87s, like their bigger brother, gripped on the hard stuff unbelievably well and could be driven down the hill through loose granular without fear. Again I never experienced any chatter or skidding when turning. I also never "got loose" or felt any play in them when went through the piles of loose stuff. The MR87 also had plenty of pop to get up off lips and edges and rolled from edge to edge with ease due to their lightness.

The MR87 and MR100 are super light skis but offer plenty of stability and stiffness for our hard packed New England trail conditions. They allow the skier to cut and charge like it was soft snow but without tiring the skier. If I wasn't a poor college student I would have Mishka make me a pair of MR100s for my daily drivers in a second. I'm excited to try both these skis out in softer snow and bumps. I believe the 100s have the ability to be skied through bumps like a significantly narrower ski but can still float through fresh snow and drive around tight trees. It is a light weight ski with stability and flex in all the right places, just perfect. Mishka has created something very special with this one.

Thanks Again for the great time Mishka!

Last edited:

mishka

thank you for in-depth review.
Review like this help me understand if design need tweaking.
I'm glad MR87 and MR100 working out so well

we need to test MR 87 side-by-side with MR86 which are relatively similar skis in shape but completely different in construction and stiffness
and MR100 with MR110 this 2 very similar in construction and stiffness... if anything MR100 a little bit stiffer and built to handle hard pack better but MR110 longer

Edd

So, you have 4 sets of skis kicking around? If you make it up to NH or ME, I'd love to check out some skis. I think I tried your 110s at Wildcat and was very impressed.

mishka

What you mean IF :roll:. More correctly will be WHEN:lol:. Probably would be best on of the tofers days at Cannon.
I remember you did like 110's ...imo .MR100 better suited for NE conditions. In the meantime I'll suggest start selling what you got to make room:thumbup: