• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

My new skis

mishka

aaannnn iirc your deal wouldn't work in Colorado. My wife found a decent deal on SUV .... $220 for all week. Will be staying in "Hilton" 8 :lol: in Georgetown

mishka

Finally got a chance to test MR100 in soft pow. In December at Killington I had a chance to try them after 15 inches snowfall but snow was heavy. This time yesterday at Pico is a different story. Skis preform better than I expected making 10" feels like bottomless. So except Western truly bottomless snow I tested my skis in all conditions so far MR100 most versatile skis I build, owned or demoed in all years I've been skiing.

While have no immediate plans to make another pair skis for myself I'm starting to think of new designs

MR90 which will complete -10 designs.This ski can be truly quiver of 1 here in England to handle most if not all conditions. Maybe even Western daily driver went no fresh snow in sight .

Have idea to make some changes to MR110/100 design mostly to size/shape of the tip and tip rocker. to improve maneuverability in tight quarters

mishka

Based on feedback I received for 2015/2016 season MR skis will be available with 4 different cores options and 4 layup configuration

Cores:
1. Lightweight core for backcountry and powder skis
2. All mountain skis core
3. All mountain performance core
4. Performance core

Sidewall/sandwich construction with black Locust sidewall. Options for layup configuration:
1. fiberglass only.
2. Hybrid fiberglass and carbon fiber
3 carbon fiber only
4 carbon fiber high-performance

Edd

Wow! Are you actively trying to sell skis? I've been thinking you've been sort of dabbling in it.

snoseek

Already planning my next pair.

I'm around 60 days of total abuse on my mr110 and they are in for the long haul for sure. I fucking love should post up an official review tonight if I don't drink too much after skiing today. My other skis have just sat quietly in the corner all winter long.

mishka

Are carvers a possibility?

of course possible. mid 80's perfect carver imo infarct you should try MR87 from above construction description it has high-performance core and hybrid layup configuration of fiberglass and carbon fiber.
however if you have specific dimensions anything is doable.or give me some idea what you're want and I can design the skis... it take 30 min. to an hour
What's the waist width range you have in mind?
there is no range. Each pair skis design INDIVIDUALLY within specifications I received to create personalized skis. make no mistake even all my skis have same topsheet design there is no 2 identical. Snoseek CHOOSE his skis made of same design as my MR110.

Last edited:

mishka

first week of March, maybe longer, MRskis will be available at Wachusett ski shop for demo. I think this event will be invitational.

wa-loaf

No I will have no part in it. I possibly can be there on 12th. What time it usually ends?

I think most of the vendors are packing up by 2:30. By that time I've done 3-4 runs each on 8 pairs of skis and am pretty fried. Hoping its a powder day like 2 years ago ...