• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

My new skis

wa-loaf

Picked up my new Mad Russians yesterday. Now we need snow!

attachment.php

Attachments

• MR skis.jpg
    MR skis.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 275

prsboogie

Finally got around to mounting "my new skis". ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1477180851.195433.jpgImageUploadedByAlpineZone1477180866.998957.jpgImageUploadedByAlpineZone1477180885.005815.jpgImageUploadedByAlpineZone1477180906.149574.jpgImageUploadedByAlpineZone1477180918.813378.jpg

Now bring on the ❄️🗻

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

snoseek

Finally picked up, paid for and and mounted my new skis. Added bonus is mishka is reconditioning my 110s and has a plan for a better binding setup. Even he was shocked at how good they look for 100 days. Cannot wait to get these out!

prsboogie

Finally picked up, paid for and and mounted my new skis. Added bonus is mishka is reconditioning my 110s and has a plan for a better binding setup. Even he was shocked at how good they look for 100 days. Cannot wait to get these out!

👍

tree_skier

found a new? site for used/new gear. sidlineswap.com picked up last year Fischer FIS SL for $157 incl shipping and FIS GS w/bindings for $207 waiting for them to come in.

Jully

found a new? site for used/new gear. sidlineswap.com picked up last year Fischer FIS SL for $157 incl shipping and FIS GS w/bindings for $207 waiting for them to come in.

Some pretty crazy prices. Your skis came in fine condition?

Puck it

I placed theorder for some Monster 88's for $350. Last years model. FKS 140 Pivots mounted on them. Now I need to work with Mishka after the holiday on another custom pair.

dlague

Missing an e in the url. But checked it out holy race gear. Not my thing but if it were there are some good deals there, some not so good as well.

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

wa-loaf

I placed theorder for some Monster 88's for $350. Last years model. FKS 140 Pivots mounted on them. Now I need to work with Mishka after the holiday on another custom pair.

Pretty sure this years Monsters are different than last years.

snoseek

I live details for prsboogie

verdict is not out yet. Waiting to my 95s to come back from Nevada with demo clamps to determine best binding position for prsboogie

I'll be on mine next sunday are they similar? Do you think the position of bindings is ok?

prsboogie

You've skied them now, What's the verdict?

I had to do some de-tuning to the tips and tails and like Mishka said I need to rethink the mount point but overall I am happy. I think I need to go +2-2.5 to be "perfect". I also think some of my discomfort is operator headspace error!

First day out on new equipment in mashed potato conditions and a long 8 months off without skiing was "refreshing" 🙄

Snoseek might suggest you start as far forward as you can and work back if your on adjustable bindings. The other thing with them is they are stiff as shite which I'm not used too but started to get used to by the end of the day.

wa-loaf

I had to do some de-tuning to the tips and tails and like Mishka said I need to rethink the mount point but overall I am happy. I think I need to go +2-2.5 to be "perfect". I also think some of my discomfort is operator headspace error!

First day out on new equipment in mashed potato conditions and a long 8 months off without skiing was "refreshing" 

Snoseek might suggest you start as far forward as you can and work back if your on adjustable bindings. The other thing with them is they are stiff as shite which I'm not used too but started to get used to by the end of the day.

I retuned the edges after I got them and put GS specs on them 3 degree side 1 degree base. Edges are Mikes weak spot, but I think he's catching on that angles and detuning are just as important as the other specs.

Probably won't get out on mine for a couple more weeks.

mishka

I retuned the edges after I got them and put GS specs on them 3 degree side 1 degree base. Edges are Mikes weak spot, but I think he's catching on that angles and detuning are just as important as the other specs.

Probably won't get out on mine for a couple more weeks.

I didn't go edges on his skis :beer:

I was hoping to convince you Wachusett on Friday:-(

snoseek

I got out on mine today at Wildcat....funfun. Here's a copy and paste from my text to mishka earlier:

My initial impression is these skis are a good design for me skiing the east coast. Keep in mind the soft snow this weekend refroze and alot of people only skied a few runs. I skied nearly 20. They handle choppy golf ball ice good considering they are mid fat. They ski a bit like a race ski so they like to go fast but short radius turns were good too. I never got the chance to really open it up but im guessing that's where they will shine. You also absolutely be in the drivers seat and not ski them passively....cannot get in the backseat which is ok with me. They threw me around a bit on my last couple runs but that's mostly because I was tired and the snow was deteriorated quite a bit. Im not sure how they will ski bumps. ...I suspect alot of work but doable. ...the 110 would probably be my goto ski for soft bumps. Ill know more as the season progresses but for now I am very happy and know these are going to be a great ski. Probably won't get out again for a couple weeks as work is getting busy with holiday parties and finals are coming up

I'll know more about what these skis strengths and weaknesses as I get more days in varied conditions. So far they seem like a good logical ski on the east coast for me....I like em!